8.23.2012

{nine}



{Miniature golfing, plus baby :: May 2012}
It’s our anniversary month. 
On the 8th we celebrated nine years together.  
 The first five years are kind of vague, thanks to the passage of time.  

{Family Photos :: November 2011}
And the last four years are kind of vague, thanks to sleep deprivation courtesy of the kids!  The great thing is that we are enjoying today. We are each supporting one another in following our dreams; me being a stay-at-home mom and home-schooling the boys and Josh teaching while working towards his masters degree. We both have our hands full, but we are happy.  And that counts for something.

{Together as a family, embarking on our big adventure :: 2012}
 We are overjoyed to be back in our own house, doing our thing, 
establishing a routine and settling down after a summer on-the-go.  

{Garibaldi Train :: June 2012}
 We have re-established date night, and I have to say being in the village has confirmed for me that there is no excuse for not having date night each week with your spouse.  For us, date night means a home made pizza & movie once the boys are in bed.  That’s it.  We keep it simple, but let me tell you, we both look forward to Friday night as if we had HUGE plans to hit the town.  That is our time to be together, and to let everything else wait.

{First swim as a family of five :: July 2012}
As I was writing in our anniversary album I had the opportunity to reflect on the last year of our marriage. Our eight year anniversary was the first we ever spent apart.  Josh had departed for Anchorage the day before, leaving me with a six week old baby and three year old twins to raise on my own while he began teaching in Marshall.  We spent five long months apart, talking everyday and found strength we didn’t know we had.

{Headed to Alaska :: January 2012}
 By Christmas our “Alaska House” was complete and in January we were reunited as a family, living together once again, in Marshall.  I was so grateful to have my husband and co-parent back in my everyday life.

{The day  he left :: November 2011}
The journal also asked about the most memorable moment of our ninth year of marriage.  For me, it was an easy one.  Hands down the most memorable moment was November 17th when Josh surprised me with a visit home to celebrate Thanksgiving with us.  It was the best moment of my life, seeing him there, from 2000 miles away, on my front walk.  It felt so good to touch him.  To smell him. To hug him.

{Family Swim :: August 2012}
The last question it asked was “Words our friends would use to describe us as a couple”, 
so I turn to you, my friends, to answer this last one for me.   
What word or words would you use to describe Josh and I?  
 Crazy perhaps?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

5 comments:

Rox said...

I'd use the words "Equal partners," because you don't compete, neither one has final say, you come to decisions together.

Marilynn Raatz said...

I'd say "UNITED" because you really lean on each other as friends and parents and husband and wife.

Julie said...

The picture of Wyatt looking at the two of you laugh is so so cute! I would say loving and thoughtful. The way Josh put his arm around you or held your hand at the zoo. You letting him eat first while you took care of Wyatt. You each give so the other can be happy...nice :)

Barb Miller said...

DEVOTED...to each other, to your children and to the life you are building together!

Aniko said...

My word for the two of you is devoted...I've watched you two when you were still teenagers, I've watched you battle against religious prejudices, illnessness, twins, singleton, work related seperation and yet the devotion between the two of you is admirable. Many, much older than you two could take a lesson.

May all of your dreams come true adn may the love that you two share for each other and your family grow with each new year.