1.17.2014

Anxiety Improved my Marriage

 I told my mom just the other day that many of the challenges I have faced in my life, I would choose again because the outcome was worth it.  Anxiety is not one of those.  I would never choose to suffer panic attacks and debilitating worry.

{Engagement :: 2002}
But if I were pressed to find the silver lining, I would have this to say:
Anxiety has made me fall more in love with my husband.

Watching as he's cared for me, listened to me, pushed me to seek care, and supported me through what has been one of the toughest periods in my life has pushed our marriage to the next level.  I thought I loved him before. I had no idea. 

I had no idea the depth of his love for me. 
I had no idea the strength he had. 
I had no idea that he could play both mother & father while I was busy getting well.

{Life in Alaska :: 2012}







I ask every day why God gave me this gift of a man who loves me so wholly.
I don't have the answer, but I do know I'm grateful.

2 comments:

Marilynn Raatz said...

I am so happy you feel this way. And so proud of you and Josh.

Annery said...

While we don't choose our crosses, all can be worked to the good. What a blessing that your husband has been such a support.