"What does a calm, thriving life look like?"
She went on to write the things that would make up a calm, thriving life for her and her family of seven. It inspired me, in light of Josh leaving next week, to imagine what a calm, thriving life would look like for us during his absence. I will copy Ashley's format and simply bullet the things I am going to make a priority for the next few months, keeping it simple.
- A strong marriage: Keeping in touch consistently throughout our days despite the distance
- Raising good kids: encouraging kindness, and play instead of plugging in
- Consistent blogging: Weekly blogging at the very least
- Paying down debt: making large payments toward one card at a time & buying second hand
- Quiet Time: using meditation to quiet my mind
- Exercise: Daily for me & outside time for the boys (+ sports + swim lessons)
- Homeschooling: creating a good routine & maintaining consistency
- Peaceful parenting: a quiet, patient, kind mama who lingers
- Setting expectations: Following those up with allowance & lessons on spending