12.16.2016

Around Here: Week 50








Feeding... Carly bits of whatever I'm eating.  She is loving all the big people food I give her. She is also drinking more from her brother's sippy cups. She has her own, but much prefers theirs. Little cutie.

Setting... goals for the new year.  Looking at what I want blogging to look like, as well as other personal goals like reading & meditating.  I'm so excited.  I love the fresh start a new year offers.

Bundling... up all the children to endure the snow and wind and cold.  We're having negative night time temps and when the wind picks up during the day, it is COLD!  So it's hats and gloves and scarves everyday.  Keeping track of it all is sure to drive me insane!

Reading... Winter Storms by Elin Hildebrand (I finished Winter Street and Winter Stroll-- the first two in the trilogy last week.  They are, hands down, my favorite Christmas reads and I highly recommend them!) and I'm reading BFG by Roald Dahl to the twins each night at bedtime.  I am also hoping to finish Bird By Bird by Anne Lamott and Believing God by Beth Moore before the end of the new year. That will put me at 23 books read (that I kept track of) for 2016!  I'm hoping to do a better job keeping track in 2017, and my goal is to read 24 books, two each month.

Feeling... relief that my anxiety has subsided this week and I functioned as a normal human being. I am searching currently, however, for a counselor so that when my anxiety rears its ugly head I am prepared to face it!

Sleeping... very little these days. I'm not sure why, but Carly has been waking up screaming bloody murder every few hours each night for the last week. I don't know if it's night terrors, separation anxiety or an ear infection, but we are all a bit behind in the sleep department these days.  I'm taking her to the clinic this afternoon to check her ears, but I have a feeling it's just a phase she's going through. Poor baby!

Packing... for a last minute trip home to celebrate my  mom's birthday. When I was in Alaska I didn't cry on Christmas or Thanksgiving or Easter. I cried on my mom's birthday. I hated missing it and am so happy that I will be able to be there this year.  Hooray (again) for living close to family!!!

{Inspiration this week}

Weekly Goals:

  • Finish two books
  • Kon Mari our clothes (!!!)
  • Wrap Christmas presents


No comments: