2.19.2024

Around Here: Week 5 2024

 {January 28-February 3rd}











Carly's message on my hand:
Do good in Ms. Betes' classroom


Sunrise in Rockaway Beach, Oregon
pc: Grandma Pansy

Sunrise in Central Washington











Sunrise at our school, captured by a friend









Finishing... A Quiet Life and starting Before I Let Go.  But I find that while I am working full time, plus doing homework and lesson planning, I am doing a LOT less reading than before. 

Laughing... at Maggie watching Carly play Mario on Wyatt's original NES.  She was so funny following him with her head. 

Doing... homework in Wyatt's bed early Sunday morning as he was asleep on the couches downstairs with Milo and Josh was asleep in our bed, so I just grabbed my laptop and went to work in there. Haha! A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. 

Enjoying... Carly bringing her American girl doll (whom she calls her daughter) Hannah to school each day. She gives her piggy back rides and teaches her in the classroom. It's so darn cute. 

Wishing... I could climb back in bed when our kittens make it look so cozy every morning.  They particularly like to lay on my clothes when I set them on the bed. I'm like, "Girls! You are making it very hard to want to go to work!"

Feeling... terrible for Josh who just had the worst cold all week.  Not bad enough to stay home (no terrible cough or fever) but just felt so crummy. Poor guy! He has a great attitude though and said that if he can be healthy from August to February, he can't really complain when he gets a cold. 

Buying... clothes & shoes for work as I see different items that might work well with the wardrobe I already have. It's exciting to think that I am going to be in this career from now on. 

Realizing... that I'm willing to cut a lot out of my morning routine, but a good breakfast is not one of them.  I make myself eggs and sausage everyday, and it just gets the day started off right. 

Sharing... sunrise pics with my grandma one day this week.  Hers was so pretty and purple, and mine was hazy and pink. 

Attending... book club in Othello and driving through the craziest fog to get there!! But it was so fun to go and catch up with my friends. Plus I loved the book! (The Echo of Old Books) So fun!

Loving... how Carly sings in the classroom every afternoon while I am wrapping up for the day. I just love her carefree joy. 

Tearing up... when opening a card from Adventist of Tillamook that said a donation had been made to their hospice program in honor of Carl Cunningham from my Grandma Pansy.  Such a beautiful way to honor him while blessing the families of those on hospice. 

Celebrating... Groundhog's Day at school with the kids. They had so much fun and we made the cutest little Groundhog hats and predictions. Kindergarten is just the best!

Driving... Jack to his final drive for his license and celebrating with him when he nailed it!!! This was the last step for him to receive his license when he turns 16. So now on his birthday he'll just have to walk into the DMV and they'll print it off for him! How exciting!

Shaking... my head when Wyatt was trying to make last minute plans to have his friend over.  I said no, but his friend had already missed his bus, so I let him come over anyway. Wyatt's response? "I am indubitably sorry."  Seriously, where does he get this stuff?

Feeling... blessed when I received an email from my Uncle Steve about the amount in our children's college fund accounts from him. Truly it's a gift that our children will forever benefit from. How amazing. 

Taking... time on Friday during early release to completely prepare with lesson planning and copy making while Katrina attended a meeting and Carly spent time with Aunt Julie. It felt so good to get so much done and to head into the weekend prepared for the week ahead. 

Working... more on Saturday on lesson plans and making packets, but I am so proud of how much I am in charge of and the fact that I am getting it all done. It feels so darn good! Hopefully with time I will get faster, but for now I am content with the fact that I know how to do what I'm doing at all! Even if it's a bit slow.

Slowly... figuring out when I need to leave work each day. I have figured out that staying late once a week is fine, but nearly everyday I would like to leave around 4:00pm because I am of so much use in the afternoons.  Between homework, rides and making dinner, being home is where I need to be. It's definitely a balancing act... but I am confident I'll figure it out.

Multi-tasking... by talking to my sister while I put away laundry. I find that my time is just in such high demand lately that if I want to talk on the phone, I have to be doing something productive while I do so. So I loaded our closet with clean clothes while I caught up with Roxanne. Win/win!

Having... the best Saturday night with snickerdoodles, homemade pizza and "You're So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah" on Netflix. It was the cutest movie that we all enjoyed, and the snickerdoodles were divine!!!

***








No comments: