7.30.2024

Around Here: Week 26 2024

 {June 23rd-29th}




















My dad took my Grandma Pansy to visit my little brother Dallas at his tattoo shop!















Excited... that my dahlias are coming up. I was overwhelmed at the thought of getting them into the ground so Josh surprised me while I was visiting my mom and sister months ago and planted all my tubers for me. All but two came up, which is unheard of. And they're just gorgeous, green and leafy! Bring on August and some blooms!!!

Cleaning... the whole house and loving how much less stress I feel when it's clean.

Blogging... four posts to get caught up. It's nice that I don't have school so keeping the blog up to date isn't nearly as stressful as when I was juggling that with something else. 

Organizing... different parts of the house as well.  This week I did Carly's art area and I'm so happy with the result. So much of the house was truly neglected for a year and a half as I worked on my masters. I am so pleased to finally be tackling things that have been bugging me for ages. 

Enjoying... the front porch so much!!! Swinging, reading, watching Carly play outside... it's just lovely to be out there. 

Loving... the twins' teamwork while they were cleaning Logan's CR-V. His car is seriously so cute, and cleaning it up just made it shine!

Focusing... on my to do list on Monday and getting shit done. I hate days like that while I'm living them, but then on Tuesday, when there is hardly anything left on my to do list, I am so pleased with myself!

Relishing... the grilled cheese sandwhiches Logan has been making us on sourdough bread on the Blackstone on the back patio. Oh man, they are so delicious, and I swear the fact that I don't have to make them makes them taste even better. Haha! Love that Logan enjoys cooking so much. Really, all the kids do. 

Admiring... my cousin Savanna's baby girl Alanna. I am 100% done having babies until I lay eyes on that sweet little cherub. Then I'm pretty sure that I should have another one or ten. Haha! 

Roasting... marshmallows on the BBQ since there's a fire ban in effect. It actually worked really well and they were delicious! Definitely feels like summer once you've had your first smore. 

Hosting... my sister's son Milo for a sleepover with Wyatt.  Those two cousins are just the cutest friends and we had so much fun. We got Dairy Queen for dinner and hit the carwash as well.  Josh even let them have a night swim (with Larry the Lobster, Milo's blow up pool float) and they loved it!

Thankful... for Josh planting some grass in the backyard by the pool gate where the dogs had worn it down to dirt. The plan is to do sections of the yard and bit by bit claim it back from the pups.  Piper did a lot of digging when she was younger, so the yard is looking rough. But now that she's two and a half, we are hoping to get grass down again for them to enjoy and play in. 

Chopping... Carly's hair for summer! Her long hair was getting really hard to maintain (the tangles, the brushing, the washing) and I wanted less work for summer. She looks adorable and I am so relieved to have less battling over hair.

Feeling... like Carly was my mini-me when she asked to organize my earring collection. She grouped "like" items together and was so proud to show me! There's a "school" section, a "Christmas" section, a "St. Patrick's Day" section... she's so cute. 

Riding... with Logan to pick Wyatt up and getting into an accident. It was stressful, but no one was hurt and was truly just a mistake. I will say that what I learned from the accident was to ALWAYS call the police when you get in an accident. No matter what. Sigh. Lesson learned. 

Transitioning... from having only adult drivers to having a teen driver... and friends, let me tell you: It is freaking amazing! Missing an ingredient for dinner? Send your new driver. Need brown sugar for cookies? Send your new driver. Little brother needs to be picked up from a friends house? Send your new driver. Haha! It is just the best!!!

Proud... of Logan for working so hard in summer school.  Of course I wish he had just worked that hard during the school year (!!!), but I'll take what I can get!

***





*




No comments: