6.09.2009

LOGAN & JACK'S FIRST BIRTHDAY

For Jack & Logan's first birthday, my parents hosted a big birthday bash at their house. We had lots of cake, presents & giggles. It was the perfect kind of party!
Here you see Jack with Josh's dad, Papa Carl.

And here's the other birthday boy, Logan.

Jack being brave, standing tall.

Jack & his cousin Rebecca.

Cousin Isaac, Mommy, Jack, Logan & Daddy
The boys absolutely LOVED opening gifts.
That made it really fun!

Mommy & Jack

Jack (left) & Logan (right) looking at their presents.
~
The first thing we did at the party was announce the results of the DNA test. I would say that most people had voted fraternal, so we had some shocked guests. It was exciting to finally be able to say beyond a shadow of a doubt what kind of twins they are. I honestly don't think I would have cared either way. I just wanted to know! Josh & I feel doubly blessed that God chose us to raise identical twin boys. And we also know now that the boys will likely get a sibling someday. (It's unlikely I would have twins again since they are identical.) If they had been fraternal, that may be a different story.
~

The boys LOVE these cars from Grandma Carol. I love how they are checking out the car the other one has, not their own!

Bogey on his car.

Auntie Roxanne, along with Nanny, helped execute the party planning & preparation since I was busy with 2 one year olds! They are my life savers!

The Costco cake for the grown ups. Yum!

Logan & Jack's cakes.
They were made my Josh's friend Katie who is AMAZING! I absolutely LOVED them. (And so did they!)

All ready for the boys to eat!

Logan digging in.

He was checking on Jack's progress.

The flash is so bright!

A job well done, my sweet baby boy.
Could you just kiss him up one side & down the other? That expression is priceless!

Jack getting warmed up.

And digging in.

A bite for mommy?
The first time, he didn't offer.

The second time, he did!

Yay for sharing!

How sweet!
He laughed as he stuck his sticky fingers in my mouth. He thought it was hilarious!

As did the onlookers.

All my love, baby boy.
(Check out his expression!)

Both boys love jumping on the trampoline. Really, we just bounce, but they don't care. They get so excited. Jack just kicks his legs over & over with sheer joy!

Josh's sister Andrea & her boyfriend Taylor both took pictures of the party for us. Andrea took these ones. I will treasure them forever. My boys are just so precious. And I have to say that I am so proud of my little family. We have made it one whole year together. We are happy, healthy & feeling quite blessed to have each other every day.

Jack, Mommy & Logan

Logan, Cousin Isaiah & Jack

Isaiah & Logan

What a bub!

Jack, Auntie Roxanne & Logan
She's the best!

Me & Gustav
I was swinging him in the air, trying to make him laugh. It worked! He is just too adorable.

The Cunningham's
(Jack, Josh, Logan & Shelly)
June 6, 2009
~
We're so thankful for a blessed year.

2 comments:

Rox said...

What a fun day! Pitching in to plan was no prob at all are you kidding?! I love it. Plus, I know you'd do it for me! ;)
I LOVE the pictures of cake-faced Logan making w/ that innocent face! And Jack with his Papa Carl, that is pure BABY JOY! And I think I already told you 100 times that I love the family pictures!
Such a fun day!!! No wait, such a fun YEAR!

Andrea said...

I am relieved that you like the pictures. Phew! :) Well I wish that I took a few pictures of Josh and boys. :( Oh well! I am happy with the pictures.