1.28.2010

in love with my kids

The boys and I stayed home sick today. We are all snotty & coughing. Yuck! And although I wish we were healthy, I have to say that I really enjoyed the time with them. We played together, watched some videos, read some books and snuggled up together. During the week I rarely feel like I get to really enjoy the boys. I'm always getting ready for the next day, doing laundry or any crossing something else off my to-do list. So today was some much needed respite.
After naps I changed Logan's diaper and then was telling Jack it was his turn, but he wouldn't come. So Logan said, "Mum on, Jack" {translation: come on, Jack} and pushed him across the room towards me. It was so funny!
Enjoying a day with the boys made me realize how blessed I am. They are sweet, smart & funny, and I was more than happy to take care of their snuggly selves today.

2 comments:

Marilynn said...

They look so alike in this picture! So cute. I love that Logan said that. What a big helper! I hope you all feel better soon. xoxox

Julie said...

They're so cute! It was happy to see them and you :) on Saturday. Alvin and Isaac are always asking me when I'll watch them again and if I remember when I did get to watch them and they are SO cute. I'm pretty sure they LOVE your boys! Hope you're all feeling better soon.