2.28.2010

perspective

After a week like last week, I feel like I need to get my life in perspective. I may have a tough job some days. It may feel like torture leaving the boys most days. But those are two pretty minor issues in the scheme of things. I have so much to be grateful for. To be thankful for. So, so many blessings. So much joy.

So here is an uplifting blog about all thing {little} things I thank God for:
{my family}
my husband & best friend, josh
my sweet oldest son, logan
& my funny youngest son, jack

{mommy's little "helpers"}
because even though their
"help" makes twice the work for me,

it also brings twice the joy.

{our jobs}
even though josh's job doesn't pay,
it has been a priceless experience.
everyday he goes, we are that much closer to
GRADUATION!
and my job, despite the stress recently,
is a pretty sweet gig
with some awesome kids.

{memory keeping}
every time i see these calendars
i smile.

{our health}
cause then we can do fun things
...like christmas tree hunting
and warm, splashy bubble baths...

{friends}
whom i may not see often enough
to have photographs of,
but whom i can (and do) call
whenever i need some love.

{a good book}
recently for me,
The Pilot's Wife
&
Belong To Me
recently for them,
Tacky the Penguin
&
Peek-a-Who


{kisses}
for brothers,

for cousins,
(or for mommies!!!)

{my home}
it may not be in the best area,
but it is full of love,
laughter & togetherness.

{binkies}
it has to be said,
around here, we heart them!

{the daddy}
we are (all) thankful for daddy.
he is sweet, thoughtful & fun.
the boys are very lucky,
as am i.

{and for ALL our extended family}
papa,

& ferris,

& nanny,

and grandma & papa

and great grandma & great grandpa

& aunt roxanne,

& aunt julie

and all those other aunts, uncles, grammies, grampies & family members or friends who love, support & cheer us on when we need them most. without you, this mommy would be lost.
for you all, i am grateful.

4 comments:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Way to bring a crazy life into perspective! Even though it's not Thanksgiving, we ALL have so much to be thankful for.

Julie said...

I agree it's all perspective. Too bad it's so hard to remember. I have a very blessed life, but I'm the worst woe is me EVER.

Rox said...

Beautiful! This post made me teary eyed. I'm glad you see the silver lining. It's good to slow down and ENJOY. Love you!

The Bormann Family said...

Great post!!!