3.12.2010

life is sweet

So I had quite the week. We've had quite the week. Highs & lows. {some really low lows} Josh & I had a handful of days where we were just "off". Everything he said rubbed me the wrong way, and vice versa. We talked about it, and decided it was just because we are both so overwhelmed right now. Everything we have been working so hard for is finally within reach, and although we can see the light at the end of the tunnel, we feel as if we are on a journey with no end.
Lucky for us the boys bring us back to the moment, and remind us what we have to be thankful for. For instance today when I hugged and kissed Jack good-bye he said "I've you" (translation: I love you) to me. Without me saying it first.
melted.my.heart.
They constantly remind me that life is sweet.
Tonight Logan was in his crib, all ready for bed and as I was leaving he said, "hug?" so I picked him up and he patted his sweet, pudgy fingers on my back.
{also} melted.my.heart.

So we are heading into the weekend thankful for our strong {resilient} marriage, and our beautiful, healthy children.
They are all that matter.

1 comment:

Rox said...

Look at your messy Bogan Boy!! He's precious. You know, when they say and do those sweet things, it's because they learned it from you and Josh. :)