3.12.2010

graduation & moving

Josh's graduation is in May. May!!! That's only two months away! (For those of you not in the know, he will be graduating from WSU with his bachelor in education, certified to teach k-8) We are so super proud of how hard he has worked. Today he got his official certificate to emergency sub, and he spent three days this week subbing for his internship supervisor. He is really getting excited to have his own classroom someday. And everyday that passes "some day" is getting closer.
Next week he heads to Spokane for a job fair, where there will be representatives from 13 different states' school districts. We are anxious for him to find a job so that I can be a stay-at-home mom next year. We are hoping, obviously, for a job here in town, or nearby. If not here, then anywhere in Washington State. And if not in Washington State, then anywhere in the Pacific Northwest. And if not in the Pacific Northwest, then anywhere in the continental United States (No Alaska, Josh!)... so I guess really, anywhere he gets a job, we'll move.
With some tears (okay, a lot of tears), but also with trust that it's the Lord's plan for us. I have moments of doubt or fear that Josh won't get a job, or that we will have to move to Texas (hello red state!) and never see our family again... Then I take a deep breath, know that Josh is a highly qualified teaching candidate and know that I will go wherever I have to go so that I can stay home full time with our boys.
At night when I go in their room {my sanctuary} I sit in the rocker and pray. I pray for their health, our happiness, our future. I pray for peace. For patience. For the ability to be in the moment. To enjoy these days, even if they are being spent away from my children, because these days are the only ones I have.

I will admit that occasionally I imagine the future. And I have to say it looks pretty bright.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Hey! What's wrong with Texas? Good luck as you reach the end of your journey. I'm sure that it will all work out for your family, and if it leads to you to Texas, make sure to look me up. :)

Lynnette said...

We seem to be in a very similar situation, George will be graduating in June, praying for a job to be found quickly and locally. Hopefully we will all have good luck!

Elizabeth said...

Good luck! I hope you guys end up with a great job right where you want to be.
Take care.

Rox said...

He's graduating SO soon. I'm proud of him and excited for both of you!

I feel like because Josh has already worked in Evergreen School District, and is interning in Battle Ground, and you work in Vancouver School District, word will spread what a great guy he is and he'll have no problem getting a local job. You're right though, just listen to your heart and trust God!

Use my quote, "Don't let your fears for tomorrow steal your joys of today!!!"