3.28.2010

March, march, march

My favorite posts are those where I can look back at where I was, and see how far I've come. To look at what I was worried about, what I enjoyed and where I am now.

This is March 2008:
Here I am 26 weeks pregnant, at my first of five baby showers.
I was incredibly worried about keeping the babies cooking for as long as possible. I was terrified that my gallbladder attacks would send me into pre-term labor. The goal for the time being: stay pregnant.

And here I am 27 weeks pregnant.
(Can you believe I went 10 more weeks!?!)
I was happy to be ending my second trimester with two babies still growing in my ever-expanding belly. I was NOT happy to be on a low fat diet (I worried about how I would provide the nutrients my growing boys required), but I was happy to be taken off work. Bedrest was just what the doctor ordered... literally.

Fast Forward to March 2009:
{Logan}
I had successfully delivered two happy, healthy babies;
I had stayed home with them for five months;
and I had transitioned to "working mommy."

{Jack}
We were preparing for Spring Break,
spent in Moses Lake & at the coast.
The boys were 9 months old, crawling,
learning to clap & wave, knocking over towers,
and had become scared of the dark.

And finally March 2010:
{Logan}
Now the boys are nearly 22 months.
Their second birthday awaits us.
They are talking & signing, learning to take turns,
stacking their cups, learning their colors,
and enjoy being outside best.

{Jack}
I am still a "working mommy",
but there is a light at the end of my tunnel.
I feel more bonded to these beautiful boys
than I ever could have imagined.
And I find myself thanking God everyday for the journey
I have been on for the last two years.

Because despite its ups and downs,
it's been my journey.
And what a journey it's been.

2 comments:

Aniko said...

I remember the day that picture of you was taken. How totally exciting to be able to look back and see where those future models started. You were so disciplined and took such good care to keep the boys baking as long as possible. You are so much stronger then you give yourself credit.

Barb said...

You have been a journey of which you should be very proud, Shelly!