5.26.2010

baby fever

So I've come down with a bit of something...
...Could be I caught it at work where my friend Becky recently had her little bean, or where I am surrounded by adorable fall-in-love-with-me special needs kids.
...Could be I caught it from my family- my sister whose six month old is so completely edible that he takes my breath away, or my sister-in-law who also recently came down with the fever.
...Could be I caught it from my computer- that little file labeled "Logan & Jack: June 6, 2008", where I store the most precious pictures of my sons' first days on earth.
...Could be I caught it from my sons who, as they become toddlers, force me to realize they are not babies any more.

Not sure where I picked it up, but it's spreading, quickly, throughout my body. And I'm scared.

So I did a little research... And the odds are interesting.
{My baby fever doesn't bother me so much as it does my husband, who fears that we will have multiples again. So, honey, these statistics are for you!}

Chances of having fraternal twins after having identical twins:
1 in 10,000
Chances of having two sets of identical twins:
1 in 70,000
Chances of (someday) having three sets of twins:
1 in 500,000

After reading those I felt better. We would really like if our next pregnancy was one baby. The boys are beautiful, and our twin experience was a pretty good one, but doing twins having already had twins would be INSANITY! But what really scares us is the possibility of triplets. Now that would be scary!

2 comments:

Rox said...

It's only fair you catch it!! I caught it from you, you know! I saw Blake holding your babies, and said... "ohhh yesss, I need to have his baby."

Becky said...

We can come by any time you need a little bean fix. :o)