6.25.2010

mommy & jack time

Yesterday I decided to take just Jack to the zoo.  I wanted to spend some one on one time with him since I've spent quite a bit of time with Logan lately. 
I took the umbrella stroller and a backpack filled with the goods and off we went.
In the car Jack kept saying, "Logan carseat?" Then when we got there, "Logan stroller?"
I just reminded him that Logan was home with Daddy, and then he got excited to see the "cat". That's what he's signing in this picture.
He got a chance to walk around and see the animals up close, which overjoyed him.  Here he was looking at a frog. It was surprising how many animals he knows!
It was so exciting to see this side of him. Where just getting out of his stroller put the biggest smile on his face. Where I could cater entirely to his needs, not worrying about anything else.
He was overjoyed to see the drums and get a chance to play them.
Look at that boy! Oh, how I love him!
Pit-a-pat, pit-a-pat!
He kept playing and then would say, "Loud!"
When he was out of the stroller he would ask, "Run?" Then he'd rev up his arms & chubby little legs, and off(!) he would go.
I just can't believe how big he is!
I even let him go into the goat petting zoo. He thought that they were cows, then sheep, but finally I got him to say "goat."
Before we left I snapped this picture of us. We had a great time, and today Jack has been so sweet with me, hugging & kissing me. I think he enjoyed our date.  Maybe he'll even call me for a second one! 
A girl can hope!

3 comments:

Angela said...

What a fun day--he does look so big!

Barb said...

Your writing about your boys and how much you love them always moves me, Shelly. The last picture of you and Jack made me tear up. [blink, blink, sniff, sniff]

Rox said...

He looks so cute, and like such a big boy!!