7.09.2010

all about josh

"I found him whom my soul loveth." -Song of Solomon 3:4   

 The boys have been a struggle lately.  Just, not sleeping; and discipline; and regular parenting stuff that is twice as much work with twins...  And the only reason I am surviving it is because my best friend is here, right beside me, ready to slap hands and trade me out when it all gets to be too much.  When I've been in the boys room yelling "Lay down!" for over an hour and I step into the hallway, tears in my eyes, pleading, "Your turn", and he goes, willingly, and gets them to sleep for me, even though it's my turn.
Or when I am obsessing about their development, their schedule or our future and he just hugs me as I cry, complain or swear about how crazy this adventure has been.  When he makes me laugh, reminds me how cute they are, and basks in a parents' glow with me as they impress us with their counting, baseball abilities, or silly sentences.
Josh was sick this last week, and he actually apologized for being sick because he knows exactly how much work it is to care for the boys alone.  Next month is our wedding anniversary. Seven years.  And I can see why a lot of people get divorced at seven years. Life has gotten real, so to speak.  We are working to make a household together, raise children together, and not let our relationship get lost in the midst of it all.  It's tough.  But totally worth it.
I am proud of all we have been through, and proud of the life we have made together.  But above all I am thankful that he is the one by my side.

1 comment:

Hammacks - You and Me Plus Three said...

Its SOOOOOOO worth it and there is a reason God made us parents, parenting is for two people.... just we survive as single parents sometimes while the other one is sick, or gone, but it was meant for two people! Its such a JOB in itself. Its awesome to share with a best friend, who knows you need them by the look in your eyes, before you even get a word out! Its awesome to share the fun with them too! My favorite thing above everything with Monty is his hugs and how they just feel like my burden is taken away. I also love laughing with him, laughing so hard I cry, and sharing that moment with him (usually in reference to something the kids did or said). Its awesome to know he completes you!