7.12.2010

Other twins...

Last week the boys and I spent the afternoon at my mom's house, playing with Mason & Orion (my co-workers' twin sons, who my mom baby-sits).  We had a great time! 
 Logan & Jack, having snack.


Jack, on the slide


I love this one!


 Logan, visiting the dogs behind the fences.


We heart Saltwater Sandals!


Mason loved climbing on the slide.


"I have the power!"


Mason was so cute, crawling in the grass.


My little towheads.
-
In addition to our play date with Mason & Orion at my mom's house, we had a pla ydate with a set of girl twins.  My friend Heather (we met in junior high and were in choir together throughout high school) had twin girls about a year and a half ago, so she brought her girls over to catch up with me this week. I wish I had gotten out the camera, but as you can imagine, the house was pretty hectic with two sets of twins running around.  Her girls, Alyssa & Isabella, are fraternal and adorable. They had a great time, once they warmed up, and it was so nice to visit with Heather.
We found that we share our parenting philosophies in terms of being rigid with our scheduling and how we want the day to run.  It felt really good to talk to another twin mom about the guilt we feel when we can't provide all they need, and just the exhaustion we feel from trying to meet the demands of two children, the same age, who have the same needs.
I hope to continue spending time with other twins and other twin moms, as it makes me feel less alone in the struggles I have raising twins.

1 comment:

Marilynn said...

Shelly,
I do love saltwaters, especially on Jack and Logan's sweet feet.
When I was looking for Logan's new pair, I found out they have them in baby blue. They are so pretty. Our size! And they have silver now, with a silver footbed. Pretty fancy!