11.14.2010

Our First Stroller Free Zoo Trip!!!

 Josh decided we should take advantage of having Thursday off for Veterans Day and we headed to the zoo with the boys. Only this was no regular zoo trip. This was our first stroller-free zoo trip. Josh suggested we try it, and I was game. 
The first animal we came across was this brown bear. It was so close to us on the 'Pacific Northwest' Bridge, I couldn't believe it! The boys were mesmerized.

The boys so enjoyed the freedom of walking and checking out the exhibits up close.  I was so proud of them. They were such good listeners, stayed close and held our hands when asked.  We only had one mini-meltdown when Jack wanted to leave the monkeys without waiting for Logan. He pulled it together before I had to give him a timeout. 

Daddy & Logan

Mommy & Jack

 Logan & Jack

This zebra was the other animal we got to see super close up. We were up on a balcony looking down and he was right there! He was chomping away on the grass, looking so beautiful!

~

On the drive home I was telling Josh how glad I was that we tried a trip without the stroller, and how proud I was of the boys. "They did so good. I feel like if we have another baby, it's going to be okay!" Josh looked at me and said slowly, "Honey... We're kind of past the "if" part."
Guess that shows where I'm at in terms of accepting that this baby is on its way!

5 comments:

Rox said...

I want to pet the zebra! How awesome! Proud of the boys, too... what good little guys they are!!

Julie said...

Love the picture of the boys on the lion. Your pics make me excited for Zoo Lights!

Jenn said...

That's awesome! Our most recent zoo trip was also our first attempt at being stroller-free. It went fine (though it'd be easier if I weren't so pregnant and able to pick him up occasionally). I can't imagine keeping it all together with twins and everything, but they are awfully cute in their matching outfits:)

The Adelman Twins said...

wow! Impressive! I always feel kind of sorry for my twins being in the stroller as all these singletons their age can run around free... thanks for the glimpse into the future! :O)

Aniko said...

Great pictures, my how the boys have grown so.