11.10.2010

Juli's Right

So I have a friend, Juli, who is a fellow twin mama.  When it comes to understanding what it's like loving two babies, caring for two babies and feeling torn between working to provide for them and leaving them in the care of someone else... 
She gets it

Example?
Today she called just to tell me that she had gone through the stages of "Pregnancy Acceptance" for my recent pregnancy with me. First, disbelief. Then fear. Then acceptance. And finally excitement.  I think she's ahead of me, as "excitement" has yet to take hold. I am working more on acceptance right now. Well, that and I am sending up LOADS of prayers for a singleton this time. Which, she also gets.
In her message she said, "And I bet a ton of people are saying cute things about how it'll probably be twins again. Well, they're just stupid!" 

OMG.
Juli, I love you.
You are so right.

5 comments:

Rox said...

Aw! I love Juli's down to earth-ness!
I'm glad you have another twin mommy!
And excitement will be here soon, maybe the next time we're together maybe some of my excitement will spill onto you!

Rebecca Jackson said...

One...One...One...Sayin' the "One" prayer for you. You're such a great Mama, however, that it could be sextuplets and I know you'd do great!!!!!!!! OOPS! One...One...One...not sextuplets...One...One...One!

The Adelman Twins said...

http://predeger.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-are-chances.html

check this out 1 in 70,000!!! thanks for the shout out!

Heather said...

I know how you feel. I was very scared thinking we might have another set of twins. The first was so hard. But thankfully we are pregnant with only one this time! I will be thinking about you and hoping for just one. Maybe a little girl? :)

Aniko said...

God Bless our friends that support us during the times we need it most. I pray a happy healthy single baby for you.