1.25.2011

better...

(The boys were a chocolatey mess after dessert, so we went straight from the table to bath time- hence the dirty bubs!)
 Things around here have been better. Or at least I have been better.  I am no longer nauseous. I haven't been sick in weeks. And I am (finally!) getting excited for the baby.  Now if we could just find a name for him!
 
Now for the real reason you're reading this:
THE BOYS!!!
 Logan is in the height of tantrum throwing, but is also becoming more aware of others' feelings. If he senses that I am upset (read: angry) he says in the most syrupy sweet two year old voice, "Hi, mommy!"  He melts me with his hugs and spontaneous kisses.  He has also been more aware of Jack's feelings. When he hurts Jack or Jack gets injured he runs to the fridge to get the "Nemo" cold pack for him. Or he finds Jack's Santa Bear and gives it to him. It makes for proud mommy moments, that's for sure.
In addition to understanding our feelings, he is growing more and more successful at potty training. He isn't as scared of going on the potty and LOVES the special treats (chocolate kisses) he gets when he does it.  He runs out, down the hallway shouting, "I pooped! I pooped!"  So precious to see that excitement on his face!

 Jack is in a pretty tender phase right now. He's discovering there is a lot to be afraid of in this big world, and I'm having to teach him that I will take care of him.  He is afraid of the dark, monsters under the bed, Ninja turtles and workers of any kind coming into the house.  I have to repeat to him, "You don't have to be afraid. Mommy will take care of you."  He will still cry & tremble, but he doesn't completely melt down.
He is also aware of others' feelings and he will ask, "Mommy are you happy at me?" when I am upset with Logan for misbehavior. I smile and say, "Yes, because you are following directions."  Then Logan will pipe up saying, "I following directions, mommy!" Gotta love that.

They have both been teething all four two-year molars and I think that may be what's responsible for our early morning rising the last month. They've been waking up around 4am (for the day!) off and on since before Christmas.  We've made a few changes to their room and they've slept until after 5am for about a week.  Mentally there is something about waking up in the 4's versus waking up in the 5's that makes that extra hour seem very, very important.  So I am hoping this continues to improve.

 I am going to try and be more present on my blog like I used to be. I am getting there. It's hard when your emotions are a jumbled mess and your life is a jumbled mess to sit down and make coherent thoughts appear on the page.  But I am sure it will just continue to get easier for me.  Lord knows I have a hundred pictures I need to share with you all! So let the blogging begin... again!

1 comment:

Rox said...

Kinda funny that when Logan poops his treat is Hershey's kisses... just sayin'. Lol.

I'm happy you're feeling better, I have noticed the last several times I've seen you that you have that beautiful pregnancy glow to go right along with your baby bump! On the way home from Mom's on Sunday Blake said that he thought you looked great.

And don't worry, you and Josh will find the perfect name for Babyham!