3.02.2011

Baby Boy #3

 A lot of people have been asking me how this pregnancy compares to my pregnancy with the boys.  Honestly, this pregnancy has been much more difficult.  From the get go I had morning sickness.  And it lasted, as you all know, until I was 18 weeks along.  It was miserable. I was sick, the boys were sick, the house was sick.  It was awful.  
Then about seven weeks ago, the nausea went away.  I wasn't sick anymore.  Then the baby started moving around a lot, and we chose a name.  Wyatt. (Which, adorably, Logan thought was "Quiet" for the first few weeks.)  Things started falling into place, I began to accept that this little guy was going to join us, be one of our family. 
And now I look forward to feeling him move around each day.  Both Josh & my mom have felt him move, and sometimes when I'm sitting on the couch I can see him rolling under my shirt.  It's amazing how familiar, yet foreign it feels. Like, I remember feeling that with Logan & Jack, but it still feels alien to have someone tucking their piggies into my ribs and tickling my sides with their fingertips.
I am 25 weeks right now.  That means in less than fifteen weeks, I will have three children.  I will get to meet Wyatt, compare him to his brothers (more hair, darker eyes, longer legs) and see which of his two parents he most resembles (Josh's coloring, my nose?). I can't wait.  I still have trouble believing that I will love him like I love Logan & Jack because my love for them is so intense, but everyone has assured me that the heart knows no bounds and as soon as I lay eyes on him, I will love him just as fervently as I do the twins.

Until then, I am just enjoying getting to know him.  
And praying I will be the best mom to both he & his brothers.

3 comments:

Aniko said...

You will be just as awesome of a mom to three as you have been to two. What I'm waiting for is the baby bump pictures.

Rox said...

Did you really take that picture? That's awesome.
I'm happy you're feeling better. And I want to feel him move!
P.S. I hope Wyatt is an easy baby and lives up the name Quiet, ha!

Shelly Cunningham said...

Roxanne, No, I stole that picture from the internet since I don't have any pregnant pics yet.
Next time we're together I will eat something to get him moving and then you can "meet" him!