6.14.2011

40 Weeks + 2 Days = 23 Days Old

(Jack & Logan)
 If I had given birth to Wyatt at 37 weeks, as I did Logan & Jack, he would be 23 days (or a little over 3 weeks) old at this point.  This is what the boys looked like on their 23rd day here on earth.  Makes me wish this little man would make his debut already so I could squish him up properly!!!
I have been having contractions since about 2am this morning, but just when I think things are heating up, they will fade out and I'll be down to just three or four contractions an hour.  They are pretty strong contractions, they take my breath away, but at such random intervals, they aren't leading to active labor just yet.
Mr. Wyatt seems content to make his arrival on his schedule.  Tomorrow I have an early morning appointment with my awesome certified nurse midwife (CNM) and I am anxious to see if I am dilated at all, and what (if anything) she wants me to do to encourage this little brother to come out & meet his family.
Meanwhile, I am weary of pregnancy now and quite sassy to those around me... Sincere apologies... I'm so tired, though, and my back is really done carrying around the 25 pounds I've gained. I'm really  not sure how my mom did it- my little sister was THIRTEEN days late. Can you imagine?
Random stranger: "When are you due?"
My mom: "Two weeks ago."
Ha!
I would lose my mind!

I am hopeful that my next post will be from the laptop in one of the birthing suites at Southwest (our local hospital) announcing that I have finally laid eyes on my third son.  If nothing else, though, I will be sure to let you know what my CNM says at my appointment tomorrow!

3 comments:

Rox said...

Your body is taking it's sweet time revving up to active labor, that's for sure! At least things are happening, I take that as a great sign for a smooth VBAC!
I'm praying and waiting for his arrival!

Kori said...

OOH!! He's getting ready! I could have posted exactly this when I was pregnant with B!
I had to chuckle when you said that you're quite sassy now..... hang in there Shelly not too much longer and you'll be holding that beautiful squish in your arms! <3 I can't wait!

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. And remember not to get (too) discouraged if you're only 1 or 2 cm! :)

Aniko said...

Come out, Come out, little Wyatt we are waiting to see you