9.24.2011

Family of babies

To counter my previous negative post about my week in gripes, here's a positive one full of something we all love- babies!

Ferris & Roxanne/Amy, Indie & Kahlil/Hailey, Stefani & Cole/Me & Wyatt, Jack & Logan/Erica & Xyleena

My mom's dad Harold has a little brother named Norman. Norman is a fraternal twin. Norman has six kids- Martin, Eric, Jeff, Jennifer, Amy & Stefani, who are all my mom's first cousins. Amy, who lives in Hawaii was in town with her son, Kahlil who was celebrating his third birthday and her newborn son Indie; Stefani was there with her daughter Hailey, who was celebrating her birthday as well, and her son Cole, who is eight months old; Eric's daughter Erica was there with her brand new daughter Xyleena; Roxanne was there with her adorable pregnant self & Ferris; and I was there with Logan, Jack & Wyatt, who is only 11 days younger than Amy's baby Indie.

Birthday Boy Kahlil

The boys were very excited to watch Kahlil blow out his candles.

And eat his cake!

This was one of the most fun family get-togethers I have been to in ages. The older boys all played together so well under Nanny & Papa's supervision, and us mama's sat in a circle sharing birthing stories and baby care techniques while openly breastfeeding our babies.  It was so nice to be with a bunch of other breast feeding mommies and not have to hide and sweat under a blanket trying to get the baby to latch on.

 I only wished Roxanne's baby had been there so she could share in the magic & show off her newest little one.

Sidenote: We are still waiting for Baby Tucker to make his/her debut.  Things are moving in that direction according to Roxanne's midwife, which is good. Her official due date is September 30th.  We are all on pins & needles wanting to know if Ferris is going to have a little brother or a little sister!

1 comment:

Rox said...

I agree, I had so much fun with all those Branstetter girls! I was thinking that it was probably nice for you to be around other nursing mommas. :)
Now when is my baby going to come out to play?! I keep telling it I'm ready!