12.30.2011

Christmas Eve Day

Sweet Wyatt
 So Josh got in on the evening of the 23rd.  I was starting to get sick when I went to pick him up. By the time I woke up on Christmas Eve morning, I was a wreck. My eyes were watering, my nose was running and I felt pretty crummy.  I spent most of the day resting, not finishing the boys' homemade gifts for everyone (sorry!) and not being in the best of spirits (sorry again!)
But we managed to make it over to my mom's house to open our traditional Christmas Eve pj's.

 The boys had been at my mom's a few times that week, eying all the gifts under the tree, and were overjoyed to be finally opening some of them!

 They got adorable Hanna Andersson pajamas that are just perfection.
I love Logan's suppressed smile in this one!

 They also got a movie each.
Ratatoille
Cars 2
 They opened their own gifts & Josh and mine as well.

 It's exciting that they "get it" now.

 Last year it was still a little beyond them.

 Now they just can't wait to open gifts, and even when the gifts run out, they want to know if there are more!

 I love this. They were opening their gifts simultaneously, and looking to see what the other was getting. So cute!

 Movies!

 Jack was super pleased with his gift!

As you can see, I was so sick! And so spoiled. Mom got me the coziest pajama pants & thick wool socks. They are fabulous! In fact, I was wearing the pj pants today and Jack said, "Ooh, mommy! You're cozy! Will you snuggle me?"

 Josh got new jammies, too.

 Oh, I can't even express how blessed I felt to have him by my side on Christmas Eve when I was just sure he wouldn't make the flight in to Portland before Christmas Day.  I missed that face.

 I also love this face.

 And this face.

While we were over at my mom's, Josh was showing Jack pictures of the Alaska house. Jack was so happy, talking about getting on a plane, flying in the clouds with Josh.
It's so bittersweet to me. While I am feeling so peaceful with the thought of our little family being reunited, I am also feeling scared to say goodbye to all I have known.  I am sad to bid farewell to my mom.  And all who will miss us in their lives.
This Christmas definitely had sad undertones for me, what with my knowing we will likely not be home for Christmas again for quite some time.

1 comment:

Rox said...

So crummy that you were sick but GREAT that Josh was here! Great pictures of the boys, how funny they check out each other's gift before even looking at their own!