1.08.2012

goodbye my friends

The time has come for our little family to depart.

Sad as this may be for some of you,

we are excited!!!

A big adventure awaits us,

and while there are some things we're nervous about,
we know that wherever we go, God is before us.

"Don't cry because it's over,
Smile because it happened."
T.S. Geisel

You may not hear from me for a while. Internet is not yet set up in the new place, and it will be hit or miss while we're in transit.  We depart for Anchorage Saturday morning (heading from Portland to Seattle, then Seattle to Anchorage), will spend a night in Anchorage, allowing time for a grocery shopping/bush order trip & to get a new cell phone for me, then we leave for Marshall Sunday afternoon (heading Anchorage to Bethel, then Bethel to Marshall).  I promise to take lots of pictures though, and start blogging as soon as humanly possible.
Thank you for all your love, support & prayers.
~Shelly

6 comments:

Krystle said...

Love the new look of your blog!
Looking forward to hearing from you and safe travels!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and your family on this new EXCITING adventure! I wish you all the best, and hope your able to plant a seed a flourish in your new home.

Marilynn said...

I kind of feel like Logan looks in this picture! Oh my it's really happening. And I am so glad you are excited! That makes it easier as your mom. And yes, God knows the plans he has for us all.

Rox said...

I'm awaiting confirmation that you made it to Marshall... can't wait to hear about EVERYTHING! I'm getting ready to mail you a package for January! I have some good ideas. :)
I LOVE YOU! Be safe and happy and have fun making your new home! <3

Anonymous said...

Good luck traveling! I'm excited to be able to follow this new journey with your sweet family!

Becky K said...

So glad you made it safely! I've sure been thinking of you and your family!:o) Can't wait to see your pictures!