1.09.2012

We made it!

Just wanted to let you all know that we made it to Marshall.  The five of us just walked (in -2 degree weather) over to the school so the boys could see Josh's classroom & I could get a little taste of the internet I have been missing.
Today when the head maintenance guy Nick came by to pick up our broken coffee table he told Josh we must have brought warmer weather with us... It was -31 degrees when we flew in yesterday. So the weather today is remarkably warmer.
Can you imagine it? Saying -2 is warm?
Well, I hope to be able to blog again soon. It's time to get these boys home for dinner!

6 comments:

Barb Miller said...

The adventure begins...and I will be right here reading all about it! Thoughts and prayers are with your family, Shelly!

Jolene Garrett said...

I just want you to know I'm so excited for you guys. I also will be enjoying your blogs like I'm there also. Stay warm and take care! XOXO

Anne said...

I am excited for you!! I also can't wait to read more of the boy's reactions to their new home.

Krystle said...

Great to know you are there safe and sound!

Claroux said...

Glad to hear you made it there safely and without incident! My news homepage reported that some towns in AK are buried under snow and without power. I immediately thought of you!!!! Just think - it can only get better, right? You're moving there in JANUARY! It will all be worth it when Spring rolls around! I have so many questions for you! Is it dark all the time? Are there other kids for the boys to play with? I can't WAIT to see new pics and follow your journey! you are a BRAVE and STONG family - and your love will keep you warm, safe and happy! You're AWESOME!

I have intentions of sending a fun care package but I can barely get my own kids dressed and out the door these days - LOL. I'm starting to wish one of us could afford to stay home :-( I feel like I'm missing SO much! But, I digress. Just know that I think you of you all ALL THE TIME and you are always in my prayers! And eventually I will get off my behind and send you all a care package!!!

****HUGS*****

Becky K said...

Hugs to you!!! WOW....-2 degrees! Hope you are able to get internet at your house soon. I'm so looking forward to reading your posts and seeing all the pictures you take! :o)