11.25.2012

cute kids

The other day WSU beat UW (shocking, I know!) and I told Josh it was because Wyatt was wearing his WSU warm-up suit. He looks so dang cute! Then I just had to look up pictures of Logan & Jack in the same warm-up. 

Here's a cute kid comparison:
Wyatt- 17 months
Logan & Jack-  21 months

Aside from looking cute in his big brothers' clothes, Wyatt is loving reading right now.  He will hand us a book, say, "Book" or "Read" and then back up into our laps.   
When we say no to reading, or to anything, and it's not what he wants to hear, he will say, "No" or "Stop" and then will have what we call "tantrum arms" which he will hit against his own body angrily.  If it wasn't so naughty, it'd be really cute!

 He loves hats, like his fireman hat, or Josh's beanies.  He recently learned the word "mine", which is really too bad, and he thinks both twins are named "Jack."  He refuses to say "Logan", although we know he can.  He loves to run with both Jack's and will yell, along with his brothers, "Ruuuuun!" in his loudest voice ever.

He loves his animal books, and knows dogs bark and monkeys go "ooh ooh, ahh ahh!"  His little animal sound effects are so stinking cute! 

When he's in his high chair and wants more, I have been working on him NOT screaming and instead saying, "Mommy." Now he does, and it's sing-songy and just beyond precious.  "Mooo-mmeeee, More Snack!"  I love it.  He has also learned to say "Please" when he wants something.  Like if we say no to reading, he will say "Please". How can we say no then?  Now we are working on "Thank you." 

The twins still say a handful of things wrong, which I know will soon change, so I want to remember.  They say erase "un-race".  Like, "Mom, this is wrong. I need to "un-race" it and start over."  It makes sense since you say "un-do", "un-zip" and "un-button." 

And the last cute kid thing I wanted to write about was something Jack said.  They really like the Tablet Josh got me for my birthday and Jack sat on my lap Saturday morning and said, "I like your Tablet because it has cool features."  Seriously? What four year old says "features"?

They are so fun!

3 comments:

Rox said...

I could go on reading little funnies like these all day!

Anonymous said...

i enjoy reading your blog. i have a question. do you always dress your older boys alike? or is this something they've chosen to do? (i bet you get this question a lot.)

Shelly Cunningham said...

I used to dress the twins alike every.single.day. Now most days the twins dress themselves, so if they match, it's because they want to or it's just a coincidence. I do buy two of everything as a general rule, because if I don't, they will fight over it. They haven't expressed concern over being dressed the same, although when I am sending them to an activity at the school, we all agree it's easier for their friends to tell them apart if they wear different clothes. I used to think I would be sad when they stopped matching, but it's actually been fun to watch them choose what they want to wear and see their style.