11.24.2012

christmas decorating

It has become tradition for us to decorate for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving, and we have kept the tradition alive here in Marshall.

While Josh was in Anchorage he surprised me and bought a little Christmas tree so that we could have some holiday joy here. He also bought a bunch of twinkle lights and two light up Candy Canes.

The boys had so much fun decorating.  We listened to Christmas music and Logan asked why I always listen to that. I told him it makes me happy. He said he thought I should have to "surrend" my "Santa music."  That kid kills me!

Once the house was festive, we decided it would be a good night for our family movie night.  We watched Polar Express, snuggled up in blankets together. Jack on Josh's lap and Wyatt & Logan on mine.  I felt so content in that moment, all of us cozy together, in our Christmas tree-lit living room, watching a little boy meet Santa.

Josh's sister Julie handmade almost thirty felt ornaments.  They have sequins and beads sewn on for detail and make my heart happy every time I look at them.  My favorites are the three tiny little stockings, complete with the boys' names on them, and the one that looks like a sugar cookie complete with sparkly pink "sprinkles".  She also sent the tree topper that changes colors from red to green to blue.  

I feel so grateful to be surrounded by such a wonderful community here in Marshall and to have so many loved ones back in Vancouver.  Here's to a wonderful holiday season!

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

1 comment:

Rox said...

The boys are at such a fun age for Christmas and family traditions. Julie did an amazing job on the ornaments!