11.28.2012

the boys' room


Back in August when I was sad about coming back here, about missing my family once again, the one thing that made me was excited was creating a room for the boys that they would love.

 It started with this sunshine picture.  Logan and Jack received it as a gift from their preschool, the Sunshine class, when we visited them this summer.  It is so happy & colorful. 

 Then my mom finished the twins' quilts.
They make the boys' room look and feel so cozy.
The twins love them!

We had picked out the fabric for the quilts together, and then she took it one step further and made coordinating pillow cases.

I was totally shocked when she showed me the ones with their names on them. How cute are they?!?

In addition to the sunshine picture and their fabulous bedding, I was gifted these photo boards by my sister-in-law Julie. She made one for each of the boys.

Choosing where to hang them was, I think, the hardest part of decorating the boys' room.

The top of the board is covered with blackboard paint, so I used chalk to write their names, and can change it whenever I feel the urge.

 In addition to bedding and artwork, I wanted a rocking chair so that nursing Wyatt could be as comfortable as possible.  Before it came, I was using one of our dining room chairs to nurse!  I was so happy when the rocking chair arrived, thanks to Josh's brother and parents. 

Even though I am done nursing, I still use the rocking chair everyday to sing and rock Wyatt to sleep.  I love that chair so much!

 The bottom of the photo boards is covered in magnetic metal, so I used magnets to attach pictures of our summer spent surrounded by loved ones.  The boys love those pictures and even helped me choose which ones they wanted on their individual boards.

The twins like to talk about the memories we made, and Wyatt likes to point and have me name who is who for him, usually when he has woken up from a nap and is still sleepy.

And the final (perfect) touch is this banner my sister sent for my birthday. She worked with my mom, using scrap fabric from both the boys' beds and bibs my mom made for Wyatt, to make this oh-so-joyful banner that I hung on the one empty wall I had.  

The finished project makes us very happy.  I am so grateful for all the help I had in creating a cheery bedroom for our three boys.

"Where we love is home- home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."
-Oliver Wendell Homes


3 comments:

The Adelman Twins said...

very cute!!! It's like out of a magazine:)

Rox said...

Their room is happy and cozy, indeed! The colors to me are like water (blue), fire (orange) and earth (brown and green).

Marilynn Raatz said...

I love their room. You've done a wonderful job making it cozy and happy. I love what Juli and Roxanne said. So true!! What I love the most is Logan's arm around Jack as they adore their baby brother!!
I love Julie's boards for the boys!
I am jealous that Roxanne is on Logan's THREE times! He loves her so!