11.30.2012

twinkling lights

Having our Christmas decorations up makes me so happy!

The star on top of our tree, from Aunt Julie, changes colors...

and it's so pretty!

The boys' favorite is when it's blue.

It's pretty magical!

It took me FOREVER (slight exaggeration) to string the lights up our staircase handrail, 
but it makes me so happy!

Isn't it beautiful?!?
---
Josh's sister Julie handmade almost thirty felt ornaments for us. 
The attention to detail on these ornaments is amazing, and I just had to share each one with you.
{the manger}

{frosty the snowman}
the boys love this one because of the tiny bell on his scarf.
they shake him repeatedly throughout the day to hear it.

{gingerbread house}
i love the "snow" (beads) on the roof of this one!

{snowman stocking}

{traditional ornament}

{sugar cookie}
I super love this one's sprinkles!

{nesting doll}
i love her cheeks!

{miniature christmas tree}

{peppermint}

{holly star}

{candy cane}
Logan kept calling this one a licorice.

{stocking for logan}

{stocking for jack}

{stocking for wyatt}
the stockings are my *favorite*

{gingerbread girl}

{old man winter}

{penguin}
how cute is he?

{frosty & a christmas tree}

{jolly snowman}

{carousel horse}

{gingerbread boy}

{tiny mitten}

{sweet angel}

{holiday poinsettia}

{winter dove}

{i love you}

She also made me this "joy" banner, which I hung on the boys' playroom door. I love it!
It makes me want to make sugar cookies & decorate them!

And she made this amazing nativity as well.  
We love it!  Logan picked up the camel and said,
"This is a camel. It has things like boobs on its back that hold food and water.
It's pretty cool."
Yep. Camel boobs.
God, I love that kid.

Josh's holiday joy was complete when he saw these alphabet blocks she sent us.

He loves to try and write naughty/silly things instead of the hopeful messages I prefer!

Josh's mom and sister teamed up for this one. It's an advent calendar (handmade by Julie) that came with a box of prizes (picked out by Grandma).  The boys get one each day in December until Christmas.  They can't wait for Saturday so we can start!

And finally, I got sparkly JOY from Julie in this wooden decoration. I love the glitter, and that the "O" is an ornament. So cute!!!

Julie, thank you so much for the Christmas "joy" you sent.  Our house is festive because of you, your time, money & thoughtfulness. We love {and miss} you!!!

2 comments:

Rox said...

Ok... Julie you need your own Esty shop, ASAP. Her perfection and attention to detail makes her crafts look like they're from Pier 1! So talented. The peppermint ornament is my favorite along with the block letters. Then I saw the JOY and no way, that glittery ornament for the O, that's my favorite! Ha, I can't pick!
I also like that you wrapped your staircase handrail, that's adorable!

Anonymous said...

I really like all of the goodies you guys got. Your sister in law seems to be very talented! I really enjoy the advent calendar, as well as the "Joy" blocks! I agree with, Roxanne, and say that she needs an Etsy account!