2.08.2013

Cougar {Final}

The last morning of camping is usually bittersweet for me.
But this year, our last day was beautiful. 

Wyatt spent nearly an hour making faces at my dad, playing with his hat and being goofy.






I tried to soak all things Cougar into my soul.

The views,

the trees,

the water,

the rocks,

and the peaceful tranquility.

The big boys spent the morning getting as dirty as they could!
But even that seemed right.

After packing up camp, we headed down to the water.  I changed and fed Wyatt,

and then he took a nap in the shade.


The big boys swam and swam,

showing off their amazing fishy skills.

Once Wyatt woke up, he stuck close to the shore, hanging out with Nanny.

Everyday when I change him, I try to channel my mom. I rub his sweet baby piggies, put extra powder on his chubby thighs and take extra time to play a game of peek-a-boo or sing him a song.  She always plugs in when she's changing a baby.  No matter who the baby is, she is fully present, enjoying every smile, every giggle.  I'm trying to be more like that.

All too soon, it was time to go home.

Time to say goodbye to this beautiful place and our beautiful memories.

Oh why did it have to end???

2 comments:

Rox said...

Ok, seeing all of these beautiful, fun pictures is warming me up! Great idea. Can't wait for sunshine!

Marilynn Raatz said...

Laughing at the last picture - oh sweet Wyatt!!
The last day was wonderful.
Thank you for the compliment about diaper changing. You know when Dalton was a baby I was proud of how fast I could change a cloth diaper.
But with each baby I became aware of how fast the time goes by. So I do cherish those moments.