10.13.2013

Cousinly Love

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is drive from Vancouver to Battle Ground where my sister-in-law lives. It's a beautiful drive, and I like to drive it windows down, music blaring, while my boys talk excitedly about what we're going to do with our cousins when we get there.

*

This particular day last summer we rode bikes.

The boys adored riding their birthday bikes all summer.  They were amazing, riding without training wheels immediately, even though the new bikes are bigger than their old ones.

Wyatt chose to toddle up and down the sidewalk instead of cruising.

The best part, for the twins, was when their big, amazing super-cool cousin Ethan rode bikes with them.  Oh, how they adore that boy!

*

Part of me still can't believe summer is over & I'm back in Alaska!
Holidays, here we come!

No comments: