11.23.2013

Such A Big Kid

My sister was a saint during our last week in Washington, 
and had each one of the boys for a day to play.

Logan chose to ride his bike to her house (she lived one house away in the summer) and in that moment, as he rode away, I couldn't believe how big he was.

I still can't believe it, really...  That the twins are five. That they are in kindergarten. That they are learning to read. I can't believe that they can brush their own teeth, dress themselves and run the DVD player.

The other night Josh and I were talking about next summer.  We were agreeing that camping is going to be even more fun this year than last year. That as the boys get older the work to fun ratio evens out a bit.  

After the whirlwind that was their first two years on the planet, 
I am grateful to be in a place where things have slowed down and gotten easier.

***

Today's Daily Gratitude:

My Mom
...for her generosity of heart,
and her love.

1 comment:

Marilynn Raatz said...

Thank you honey! I am thankful for you!