12.24.2013

Christmas Eve

 This morning Dashy had a goodbye note for the boys.  They are going to miss him so much!  Tonight when Santa comes he will go home with him.

 I spent the day baking.

Pumpkin muffins, sugar cookies and my Grandma Beverly's homemade caramel rolls (cinnamon rolls).

We always have them for Christmas breakfast, and they are going to be so awesome!
*
I also enjoyed my sweet boys.

Little Wyatt

Handsome Jack

& Silly Logan
I recently gave them all haircuts, and they look so fresh!
*
After our Christmas Eve tradition of homemade pizza & Home Alone in the living room on the rug, we decorated our sugar cookies for Santa.





Then it was time for bed.

We read the story of Jesus' birth,
our Elf on the Shelf book,
and Careful, Santa.

The boys gathered around and took turns holding Dashy.












It was so wonderful, my boys in their matching jammies, tucking their excited bodies into bed.  
We all can't wait for tomorrow.

Once story time was over each of the boys gave Dashy a big hug & told him goodbye.

And Logan whispered to Dashy, 
"Tonight at the window, listen for the bells. Then you'll know Santa is coming."

2 comments:

Alida said...

Alida

Cindy said...

Made me sad that the boys have to say goodbye to Dashy!
Also saw you reading Christmas on the Farm by Margaret Wise Brown, such a wonderful author!