12.24.2013

Christmas Joy

In honor of Christmas Eve, 
I thought I would share some of the 
boys' recent funnies and things that have made me smile.

Here are a few random quotes heard recently about the house that made me snicker:

"Here's your hooker back."

"I'm going to shoot a moose."

"I want cheese, actually."

"Who is whispering in this house?"

*
Last night at bedtime, it was less about giggles and more about gratitude.

Logan's Prayer
"Dear God,
Thank you for God. Thank you for Jesus. Thank you for mommy and daddy and Jack and Wyatt. Thank you for Wyatt snuggling me in my bed. Thank you for Ferris & Milo.  Thank you for Dashy.
In Jesus Name,
Amen."

Jack's Prayer
"Dear God,
Thank you for mommy, daddy, Wyatt, and Logan. Thank you for Christmas. Christmas presents are fun, but the real present is my family.  I love them.  Thank you for Jesus' birthday.
In Jesus Name,
Amen."

And then, when the twins were asleep and I was tucking Wyatt into his crib, laying his sweet head on his pillow, I said, "I love you" and he responded, "I love you, mom.  You're the best mommy ever. You're the best mommy in the whole world."

Heart melting.


Love those boys.
Feeling so grateful for them on this Christmas Eve as I bake & prepare for our big Christmas Day.

***
Health update: I went to the clinic yesterday, and while my pneumonia is gone, I have developed bronchitis. So I am still on my inhaler (darn it!) and they also gave me prednisone for the next few days. I really hope this clears up all my illness and I start the new year healthy!!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The best one is "Here's your hooker back!"

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Shelly and Family! All the warmest and best wishes to you and yours. Barbara in DFW