12.31.2013

2014

 It's New Years Eve!
Tonight our plan is to get the kids to bed, cook up the stir fry Chinese food Josh found for us at the co op, and watch a new movie I downloaded from iTunes. Simple plans, but I am nonetheless very excited!!!

 This afternoon Josh took Logan to the school so Logan could play and Josh could do grades.  Meanwhile, Jack and I went to work making Grandma Pansy's Special K bars while Wyatt napped.


 They turned out so awesome! They are so delicious I might eat the entire pan before Josh and Logan even get home! 

 Once Wyatt woke up, he and Jack played "snow machine".

 Wyatt perches his feet on the bottom of his baby chair, and Jack zooms him all around the kitchen.

It usually ends in a crash, followed by giggles.  It makes me smile to watch as the older boys interact more and more with Wyatt.  They create games and rules and make each other laugh. It's pretty much the best.

***

I have been mulling over what the new year means, what my hopes & dreams are for 2014, any resolutions I might want to make... And I have come to the conclusion that I am just going to live it.  Take each day as it comes, make the most of it, and try to heal myself.

I think I am going to give 2014 a word though:

balance

I feel like that should be enough to guide me toward the right decisions:
going to bed on time,
exercising,
having quiet time...

Mostly I am anxious to see how 2014 unfolds for our family.  

3 comments:

Barb Miller said...

Wishing you and your family balance and blessings in 2014!

Between Brick and Mortar said...

Shelly, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I appreciate your openness and wonderful outlook on life. Keep writing! Tina (Rada) Heller -- Pansy's neice (Myra's daughter)

Anonymous said...

adorable pics of your kids. That will be a new recipe for me to try. Happy 2014

Sophia