5.06.2014

Shelly's "Secrets of Adulthood"

(A large part of Gretchen Rubin's book "The Happiness Project" is discovering "Secrets of Adulthood" and following her own "Commandments" so as part of my Happiness Project, I have written my own commandments, and am collecting "Secrets of Adulthood" as well.  Some of these were in Gretchen's book and were too good not to use, and others are just things I have read, heard or experienced.)



It is easy to be heavy, hard to be light

You always regret going to bed late, you never regret going to bed early

Doing something everyday is actually easier than only doing it 3x week

Time is not running out:
The hurry makes us hurt

There is no love, only proofs of love

Just playing with the kids isn't enough for me.  I like to accomplish things.

Music can change my mood

Don't save things for someday

Living in fear isn't living. Fear keeps life small.

Being grateful is the biggest ingredient in a happy life

Invest in good pillows

I choose how I feel-
reframing "I hate this" to "I like this"

I can do hard things

Sunshine soothes

Being outside is usually the answer

The brave focus on JOY

25 is when life gets real

Saying "NO" is easier than "sometimes" allowing things

Financial security allows for independence and peace of mind, which are truly priceless

Wake up right when the alarm goes off

No one notices things about yourself like you do

If you're wondering if you should take a pill (Rx or not) TAKE IT!
If you were well, you wouldn't worry about needing to take it.

Everyone's faking it, not just you.

*

(I would love, really, to hear any Secrets of Adulthood you have picked up.  I find they help me make decisions, remember priorities, and just be happier!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the yucky tasks first. Makes the rest easier because you aren't dreading the worst one.

CarolinaDreamz said...

I love the "if you are wondering about taking.. take it" kind of like "when in doubt throw it out" I'm going to borrow this one from you. Thanks for sharing. <3 Heidi @CarolinaDreamz from outside Charleston, South Carolina. www.WithaZ.net Have a great night!