5.25.2014

The Last Day

On our final full day in Marshall, the school had their End of the Year assembly where awards are passed out.

I took the boys and headed over.  

It was a beautiful morning, hearing about students amazing accomplishments, cheering for all the hard work completed, and watching the moving videos that the high school Film Class produced.  I got goosebumps, feeling lucky that I get to witness all of it.  That I get to spend part of my days playing out with these beautiful kids.

---

After our morning assembly and community lunch, the boys and I decided that some playing out was in order.

We got lucky and met up with some cuties on the playground.


Seriously.

How could you not love that face!?!

The twins traded bikes with their friends and tried their hand at riding big boy bikes.  They are so good at it. And when they do fall (which is pretty often) they are so brave. No tears at all.  The constantly impress me.

We spent much of the afternoon playing with this little guy & his cousin.  His cousin wanted to try her hand at the camera, so the following pictures (and this one) are hers.  She has a real eye for it!






She let her little cousin take this one of her.

My boys pilfered someones stroller and pushed each other around in it. Stinkers!

I was sad when it was time to go home to get baths & dinner going.  But I knew that Saturday, with twelve hours, four flights, and 2,500 miles to travel, the boys needed to get to bed on time.  (The constant daylight makes it even harder. Want to know what time this picture was taken? 5:00pm.  Crazy, right!?! It looks like 2:00pm in the afternoon.)

So we ended our third year on a high note.  Gorgeous events, gorgeous days, gorgeous memories.  What a blessing!

(You may have noticed that I posted four times back to back-- I wanted to get caught up on our last days in Alaska before I posted about Our Journey & Our Homecoming to Washington.  Be sure you don't miss these catch-up posts: Mt. Pilcher; Final Week + Packing Up; The Spring Carnival; and this post.)

2 comments:

Marilynn Raatz said...

I think it's so great that you and the boys are involved in the school functions!

Rebecca N said...

Your skin always looks so glowy despite the dry weather you have there. I would love a post about your beauty routine! Glad you all made it home safe for the summer :)