4.07.2015

April Goals

"You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily.  
The secret of your success is found in your daily routine."
-John C. Maxwell

April Goals:

1.  Give up swearing
2.  Blog everyday
3.  Work out every weekday

This month I'm keeping it simple.  
Three goals, easy to track, easy to remember and hopefully easy to accomplish.  

The last week it has been heavy on my heart that I should give up swearing.  I used to drop the occasional "crap" or "pissed" into conversation... Now I am embarrassed to admit that even the "f" word is part of my vocabulary, along with some other unsavory words, and now that I feel free to use them-- because a) I am a grown up; and b) I have free will-- I don't actually want to use them.  Does that make any sense?

I am the three year old who doesn't want your phone to play Lego Juniors Quest unless you tell me I can't use your phone to play Lego Juniors Quest.  

Another recent tug on my heart has been toward my blog.  It's been a bit neglected as of late, and I want to rectify that.  I would love to get caught up to current (in terms of my pictures) and have it good to go when summer vacation starts in a few weeks.

Whenever I go to blog I feel this ridiculous desire for the post to be deep and perfect.  Some days this desire is good.  It inspires me to be real, to share parts of my heart with you, and to work hard at making everything "just so".  

But other days, it intimidates me, scaring me away from my own sacred space on the internet, and sets the bar so high, that I feel I can never meet the expectations.  So you may see a bit more "realistic" posts-- with spelling imperfections, bad grammar and light emotional content.  My thinking is that the more I write, the easier the writing will come to me.

And my final goal is to work out every weekday.  I've been doing this (for the most part) since January.  I missed a few days in January being sick and a few days in March, also being sick, but every time I've jumped right back in the saddle, and I'm so proud of myself!



The boys themselves are helping keep me true to my one other goal, which is my word of the year, "linger".  They are always wanting more time outside, more walks, more bike rides... more stories, more hugs, more snuggles.  It's easy to say yes, when this (see below) is the face I get for saying no.  

Thanks for keeping me on track, Wyatt!
I promise to keep "lingering", even when it means neglecting my to do list!

For you are my most important job!

5 comments:

Marilynn Raatz said...

I love your goals! And these pictures are so fun. Except the one of Wyatt being....told no! Haha! I love that you're lingering!

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh, Wyatt! That face!

Ashley said...

Great goals! I've toyed with the idea of writing on my blog everyday, but I can't seem to do it consistently! Maybe I'll make it a goal one month too :) Can't wait to read what you write!

Hollyparlier said...

I love that first quote. It's so true! And I would never have guessed that you swear. Ha. I'm excited you're going to blog every day :)

E Vilardi said...

Yay for more blogging- I love your updates :)