12.30.2015

Baby Blankets

 I told you a few posts ago about the baby blankets my mom has made for each of my babes, and today I had them all together for the first time.  They make me so happy, and they tell the story of my journey into motherhood.

{Logan's baby blanket & bubba}
 When I was pregnant the first time, I was convinced it was a girl, but was not going to find out what I was having.  Because of my plan to be surprised, I picked out greens for the baby blanket, and bought giraffes to decorate the nursery.

{Jack's baby blanket & bubba}
At 20 weeks I had my big ultrasound where I informed the tech that I was not going to find out what I was having unless it was twins.  We all laughed.

The joke was on us-- it was twins.  So we ended up finding out that day that we were having not one but two little boys.  So I ventured back to the fabric store with my mom and picked out coordinating blue fabric for boy #2.

{Wyatt's baby blanket, taggie & bubba}
Three years later when it was time to make another baby blanket, for yet another little boy, I wanted to have some fun with it.  So for Wyatt I chose brown chenille for the edge & some fun fabrics for the quilted part.  I also chose white minky for the back, which made it super soft & cozy.

{Carly's blanket & two bunny bubbas}
At Carly's shower, my mom and sister surprised me with yet another baby blanket.  This one, made in corals & mint greens, is backed in an extra fluffy coral minky without dots, and brought me to tears.  I love it so much and can't wait to wrap our little girl in it three weeks from now.

***

No comments: