12.28.2015

Christmas Tree Hunting + January's Coming

Early in the season, my parents asked if I wanted to take the boys "Christmas Tree Hunting" since they've never been (in their memory at least) before.  So we loaded them up & off we went.  

They enjoyed it so much, and my dad even had them help cut it down.  I was especially proud when they picked it up & carried it all the way back to the car by themselves!!!

Once we got it home, we decorated it with my mom.  It was so fun to look back on all the ornaments from my childhood & the twins' baby days.  This is the first holiday I've spent at home in four years and I was soaking it all in!  
























{Flashback ornaments-- my favorite!}

***

Now as we prepare to wrap up the 2015 holiday season, I am becoming all too aware that in four short weeks, our baby girl will be here.  It's leaving me feeling equal parts excited and panicky.  

I am nervous about parenting four kids without Josh here. 
I am nervous about undergoing my third c-section.  
I am nervous about getting it all done.

I am excited to have a daughter.
I am excited to see her face & get to know her.
I am excited to see our family grow & watch the boys with her.

The thing that honestly is bringing me the most panic today? This blog! It's so silly, but I have 30 (THIRTY!!!) drafts sitting in my blog post queue, and with more sure to come after Carly's born, I have an intense desire to post as many as I can before her birth.  So I am going to go with that and try to post at least one each day until she arrives. I may even post more than that, just so I can get caught up (I still have some from summer! Yikes!).

In the meantime, I am grateful for the amazing baby shower we had, and the opportunity to sort through all the baby stuff in our storage unit today with Josh so that I am as ready for #4's arrival as possible.  She'll be here before I know it!

*

3 comments:

Brenda Christina said...

It will all be fine. You have many strong women and others who will support and help. When you get panicky remember to breathe and be in the moment. Excited for your new addition, can't wait to meet her

Brenda Christina said...

It will all be fine. You have many strong women and others who will support and help. When you get panicky remember to breathe and be in the moment. Excited for your new addition, can't wait to meet her

Ashley said...

Look at those strong boys carrying that tree!
You are in my prayers as you journey through the home stretch!