1.07.2017

Christmas 2016













We had a beautiful Christmas day, just our little family.  We woke up and opened presents, followed by cinnamon rolls (a family tradition, with a recipe passed down from my grandma) and cold milk.  The boys spent the day playing with their new toys and we all rotated playing games-- Yahtzee, Sorry, Checkers...

I also worked on my Christmas puzzle and read more of Winter Storms by Elin Hildebrand.

For dinner Josh made a turkey with mashed potatoes, gravy and stuffing.  I made a new creamed corn recipe that I got from Julie at Thanksgiving.  Wyatt ate his weight in olives (placed on his fingertips first, of course) and I ate dill pickles. Yum!  For dessert we all ate Hello Dolly's (also known as seven layer bars). It was a delicious dinner that was enjoyed by everyone.

***

We are so blessed.

No comments: