6.25.2017

Wrapping Up The School Year

Off to school...




Before summer leaves the old school year in the dust, I wanted to blog the last few events of the school year.  Some of the year we had to drive (hello snow for months!) but our favorite way to to get to school and back was walking/riding. I would walk, pushing Carly in her stroller, and the boys would ride bikes, scooters or rollerblades.

Everyday on the way to school we would pass this patch of wild pansies and it made me so happy. (For those who don't know, my grandma's name is Pansy, so they're one of my favorite flowers!)

***

(Jack's in the middle in pale blue)
(Logan's in the middle in pale green)
(Wyatt is in the second row, grey striped shirt)
For the end of year spring concert the kids sang the cutest little songs and I loved watching them.  Especially Wyatt's because they do little hand motions!

***

Jack's Class: End of 3rd Grade Shenanigans



Jack has become such good friends with everyone in his class.  I love how school has allowed him to be his usual outgoing self and make a million new friends!
***






Another new thing for us this year was class birthdays!  
Sharing cupcakes with all Wyatt's little friends was especially sweet.

***

I loved some of the words Wyatt used in his alphabet of words.
Kk: Koomplucatid (complicated)
Vv: Voolum (volume)
Ee: Empoosubl (impossible)
He's such a little smarty!

***





Wyatt went on a field trip to the fire station.
Since Carly and I couldn't go, Wyatt's good friends' mom took some pictures and texted them to me.  I cannot tell you how much it meant to get those pictures as I was home sick that morning.  Thoughtfulness from other moms means so much!

***

Wyatt's stories are my favorite:
"This is me and mom and Carly jumping on the trampoline."

"I am ridi abou mi cites namd rumona and jorj."
"I am writing about my kitties named Ramona and George."

***

The boys had art in the elementary school art show:
Wyatt
Logan
Jack
Jack

***

While I was going through some notebooks Logan brought home from school, I found this note he wrote to the school counselor.
"Dear Mrs. U,
I need help calming down.
Yesterday my dad was close to having a seizure like me."

He was talking about when Josh had a bone infection behind his ear and had a really high fever with the shakes.  It was absolutely terrifying for me, so I can't imagine how Logan was feeling. I am so proud of him for reaching out for help.

***


Our boys had a lot of learning to do when it came to testing (at all) this year, and state testing took it to another level beyond that.  Logan got a HUGE reward for taking his time and doing his best on one of the end of year tests, and I was so proud of him. He worked so hard, he even surpassed his goal!

***

As much fun as we squeezed into the last few weeks, it also left me reeling some days!
It's making me grateful for these lazy summer days!
Just looking at these pictures is giving me anxiety!

The last day of school was rainy, and honestly I was so happy to come home, let the kids plug in for a minute and just breathe (and do a little blogging, of course!).  

What an amazing year we had.  
I'm so grateful.

***

1 comment:

Marilynn Raatz said...

Such an awesome school year on so many levels! The boys are amazing!! I truly love seeing their school work and their friends.