11.03.2017

Around Here: Week 44




(This orb was in lots of pictures I took that day,
which was the third anniversary of my first miscarriage)



For fun, here's Logan doing the same thing, wearing the same boots!





(Also for fun, here are the twins meeting my sister's first son, Ferris)

(And here is Logan in the shirt Carly's been wearing-- so fun to look back!)












Pumpkin patching... at an adorable farm near our hometown.  We had originally planned to go while some family was in town, but that fell through, and we were down to the final weekend before Halloween.  Sort of last minute I decided it was important enough to me to take all four kids by myself.  It was totally worth it, (the money & the 30 minute drive each way).  It had zip lines, a hay stack for climbing, apple slinging, a bunch of animals to pet, a giant tube slide & a 4 wheeler train ride. Oh my gosh, so much fun!  Plus we got pumpkins!

Carving... the pumpkins we found at the patch and being impressed by each of our boys' independence in carving.  Josh and I barely had to help, which was awesome.  We waited until Carly was asleep to carve and it made for some nice special time with our three bigs.  They loved how they looked all lit up on the front porch.

Meeting... my new niece for the first time and helping take her newborn pictures with my sister. The baby is absolutely precious and perfect, and I am so happy for my sister's family. (Also, seeing my babies with actual babies, like, makes me explode. Too much.)

Creating... a Christmas playlist on my phone! And perusing Shutterfly for cute holiday card ideas. I am so excited for the holidays!

Passing... my final interview for VIPkids.  All that's left is paperwork and scheduling. I am anxious for my first actual teaching experience, but also excited. I think this is going to be the perfect job for me, as it will allow me to work while the kids sleep and I'll still have 100% stay-at-home mom availability during their waking hours.

Participating... in #30daysofgratitude in honor of Thanksgiving this month. (Check out my Instagram account.) I love November so much. I love that we're all getting into the holiday spirit; I love that it's my birthday (Can't believe I'm turning 35!); and I love that so many people are gently reminded that that we all have so much to be grateful for. It's a beautiful thing.

Taking... Wyatt to the doctor for both a concussion and what turned out to be a broken foot, from two separate incidences.  He fell off the trampoline (he was sitting on the trampoline, about to get off, when he fell backwards, flat on his back, hitting his head) causing whiplash and concussive symptoms- massive headache and brain vibrations- that lead us to urgent care, and on top of that, over the weekend we had noticed his foot pain complaints had escalated to actual limping, so we had them look at that too.  Basically the doctor thinks he has stress fractures on his cuboid & navicular bones from one of his brothers landing on the foot on the trampoline a few weeks ago.  So he's in a walking cast (we call it his "boot") for the next six weeks and then we will recheck.  He's been a real trooper about the whole thing, but he did get very sad when the doctor said no trampoline jumping during those six weeks.

Fixing... Logan's lazy eye with daily patching and checking in with the doctor. This last three months didn't provide any further improvement, which is a bummer, but we're going to commit to a final three months of daily patching and then he will be done.  The trouble was that his glasses weren't able to fix his vision to 100%, so by fixing his lazy eye, his glasses will be better able to correct his vision for the rest of his life.  He hates it, but I know it will be totally worth it.

Not reading... anything. I just haven't been myself the last two weeks.  Between the end of October (with Halloween craziness and the anniversary of my miscarriage) and the kids all being sick (coughs, colds, broken bones, etc.) I've been lucky to have two minutes to breathe, let alone rest (I have an ear infection & sinus infection I am still working to get rid of) or read. Maybe next week?!?

Thankful... that Logan's medication increase is done, and he seems totally stable and feeling fine other than a head cold he has. I am so grateful we haven't noticed any increase in moodiness or lethargy, as those were the two side effects I was most worried about. Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.

Looking forward... to a visit from my mom on Saturday & Sunday.  The kids can't wait!!!

Deciding... that 35 is going to be amazing.  (My birthday is on the 18th.)  This is going to be my year. I am going to be working and getting a handle on our finances; I am going to love myself (and my body); and I am going to choose to be happy!!!

***
#30daysofgratitude
Day 1: Josh

Day 2: Logan

Day 3: Jack

***

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I am SO happy for your sister!! What a gorgeous baby. (And I know what you mean about your babies with teeny babies - we just visited a friend who had a baby girl two weeks ago and I was dying watching my kids ooh and ahh, haha!)

Also, SO proud of you with your new teaching gig! It sounds like the perfect combo for needed help to your finances and still being a SAH mom. I'm on the lookout for something similar, fingers crossed. You're doing great, mama. Hope you're all feeling 100% soon. xo