5.12.2019

Mama

This Mother's Day I am loving this post about motherhood
 that my friend Ashley tagged me in on Instagram 
that I think everyone should read.  
I've decided to share it here:


Mama, I see you ⁣
I see how you worry, Mama ⁣
I see how afraid you are of this big world ⁣
I know how you wonder, Mama⁣
Will she be safe, will he fit in⁣
I know how the fear can swirl ⁣

Mama, I see you⁣
how you feel alone ⁣
Isolated in your home ⁣
Or in your 9 to 5⁣
I see you working to the bone ⁣


Mama, I see you ⁣
Missing your baby ⁣
The one you couldn’t keep⁣
And oh, how you weep ⁣
I see you ⁣
Wrapped in the pain⁣
Tears falling like rain ⁣

Mama, I see you ⁣
The ache in your heart ⁣
the hurt and the scars ⁣
It tears you apart ⁣
no babes in your arms ⁣
The longing you feel ⁣
The waiting is real ⁣
Will it ever end? ⁣
I see you, my friend ⁣

I see you, Mama⁣
When you feel you’re too much ⁣
Or you’re never enough ⁣
When you try to find your tribe ⁣
And you only come up dry ⁣


Mama I see you ⁣
When you make a mistake ⁣
When you cause hurt and pain ⁣
When anxiety tells you it can’t be erased ⁣

I see you Mama⁣
in the yelling and rage ⁣
When you try to overcome ⁣
your own childhood shame ⁣
When you want to be good ⁣
But you feel like a fake ⁣
When you try to break the cycle ⁣
And you mess up again ⁣

Mama I see you ⁣
And you know what I see? ⁣
I see beauty and goodness ⁣
and someone like me ⁣
I see a valiant warrior ⁣
with a heart soft as mink ⁣

I see a woman showing up ⁣
who they cannot sink ⁣
I see your fire, your fury ⁣
Your refusal to shrink ⁣

And you are LOVED LOVED LOVED ⁣
And you shine and you shine ⁣
And Heaven looks down upon you ⁣
And says ⁣
“This girl is mine.”⁣

I love you, Mama. 

Wrote this for you

-Heather Schieder


No comments: