8.28.2019

Week 32 Around Here {2019}




































{August 8, 2003}

{August 8, 2019}


Go Wyatt!!!!
Reading... Molokai & Maybe You Should Talk To Someone.  Molokai is somewhat slow paced, but in a nice way, and I love the characters.  I've been devouring Maybe You Should Talk To Someone.  If you are at all interested in therapy, counseling or psychology, I highly suggest this one.  It is easily readable, yet very insightful.  I have loved it!

Enjoying... our backyard the last few days, knowing our time here is limited.  Carly has enjoyed playing on the picnic table and I've done lots of reading out there.

Watching... Jack's trip from afar.  He went with my sister and her three kids to Vancouver to visit my parents for a week.  He had the best time with his cousins.  George (our cat) missed him terribly and cried for him often.  It was adorably pathetic. 

Packing... our belongings for our big move, which should happen (if all goes well) on the 24th.  I am really glad to have as much packed as I do this far in advance.  It will make actual moving that much easier when it comes time.

Dealing... with some smoke in the air from a local wild fire.  It's crummy for Wyatt because it means keeping him indoors because of his asthma.  Hopefully our awesome firefighters will get it under control soon and the air quality will improve.

Comparing... our gorgeous hibiscus plant on Year 3 with Year 1.  It has grown so much! And it's bloom time has grown from four short weeks to more than eight weeks.

Swimming... with our fun crew at the pool a bunch of times.  Carly has turned into quite the swimmer, and asks Josh over and over to throw her into the air.  She's such a thrill seeker! Just like the twins were/are.
One night we got to swim in the evening when our orthodontist rented out the pool for the night and we were able to go, just the boys and me, to try swimming in the dark.  It was so much fun!!
That night Wyatt passed the swim test and then, after many long minutes of encouragement from the entire pool on the diving board, he jumped into the deep end.  I don't know if I have ever cheered so loudly in my life.  I was so proud of him!  His courage was amazing.
The twins spent their time over at the Flow Rider surfing.  Jack has gotten really good in a very short amount of time, and Logan's just behind him, having missed a few days at the pool.  Their athletic ability always astounds me.

Breaking... up fights between my kids as we count down the weeks until school starts again.  I think we are all a bit anxious for the move, for new schools (the twins start middle school and Wyatt will move to a new elementary school) and for all the changes headed our way, and it's showing up for the boys in the form or much (!) shorter tempers. Whoo! Lord, give me strength!

Feeling... proud of Carly as she has learned to make her bed, and won't let anyone help her.  When she's done, she takes my hand and leads me into her room to show me.  It's so adorable.  Also feeling proud of Logan and Jack as they have really gotten breakfast cooking under their belt.  Sausage, bacon and ham, as well as eggs are their forte, and I'm so grateful.  Their ability to cook lightens my load tremendously. 

Loving... how Wyatt reads to Carly at bedtime while they wait for me to meet them in there and tuck them in.  They'll take a few books into their room and he will read to her, then when I come in, they each choose one they want me to read.  Then I sing to them and get them cozy for sleep.  Wyatt has this baby voice he uses when he's reading to Carly and it is just as sweet as molasses.  I can hardly stand it.

Celebrating... our 16 year wedding anniversary with a lunch date thanks to Josh's mom (who had Carly & Wyatt) and my bestie Shana (who had the twins).  We had the nicest time, just talking about our future, the new house and what life will look like for us in the fall.  Time is funny- In some ways it feels like we just got married yesterday, but on the other hand, I can hardly remember life as newlyweds.  Mostly I just know that there's no one else I'd rather do life with. 


***



No comments: