12.06.2019

Week 47 Around Here {2019}















































Dreaming... of water (flooding houses, overflowing toilets, waterfalls going down stairs) every night it seems.  I looked up the meaning of these types of dreams and it points to emotional turmoil.  That makes sense to me, as parenting my middle schoolers is quite challenging currently.  I am hoping that remembering I am the "eye of the storm" will help me to remain calm no matter how crazy life gets around me.  But boy is that hard!

Celebrating... my 37th birthday a little early with my sister and my bestie this weekend in Wenatchee.  Shana and I drove over and can I just say what a luxury it was to be in the car with her and to talk without interruption for an hour and a half each way?  It was so awesome. #momlife
Once we got to Wenatchee, Shana and I hit up Costco where she helped me comparison shop for a lot of things I normally buy at Walmart.  So many things will be a better deal in the long run if I get them at Costco!
After shopping at Costco (we got a few Christmas gifts for the kids and some household essentials) we met my sister for lunch out followed by a movie.  Lunch was so good and the movie was okay (3 stars at best) but the popcorn was amazing. Hah! I love movie popcorn, and the feel of a dark theater.  Luckily the company was awesome the whole day and I feel so lucky to have two such great girls in my life.

Turning... 37 on Monday with a gorgeous sunrise Josh alerted me to on his way to work ("If you have a minute, you should really go check out the sunrise this morning.")  Then I met my girlfriends for coffee and a farewell to my girl Jolene who is moving to Alaska with her crew.  Boy are we gonna miss her!!!  Then my friends Crystal and Becky stopped by and surprised me with brownies and gifts- so sweet! Then Carly and I made a cake that we ate after dinner with the guys. 
Josh arrived home from work with flowers for me (swoon) and Wyatt had made me a bookmark that melted my very heart. It has a drawing of us reading books together- my favorite!
My gift this year was a stack of books I got at Book Outlet which I was introduced to by my friend Ashley.  I got 5 books for less than $20!
It was a really great birthday, I felt loved & spoiled all day long, and I feel like 36 was a really blessed year.  Here's hoping 37 is too!

Counting... at least nine migraines in November and praying December is better.  I am only allowed to take 9 doses of Sumatriptan (my migraine medicine) per 30 day period (or I can get rebound headaches), so I am very lucky I didn't have any more headaches than I did.  They are just the worst.  I'm hoping it's just about my cycle and my hormones changing as I age...

Attending... Basin Brawl for the boy's wrestling club and getting to watch them wrestle for the first time in real matches.  Josh's parents were there to watch, which was really special, and I felt SO proud of them all.  I was that crazy mom on the side of the mat, yelling and cheering like mad, near tears when they did good and holding my breath when things weren't going their way.  Josh had a heart to heart with Logan after he lost a match and I just can't even put into words the love I feel for him when I see him being such a good dad. We are all so lucky he is ours.
Jack won a match, and when they held his arm up to show he was the winner, I was so proud of him I could have burst! The look of accomplishment on his face was fantastic. 

Enduring... freezy, foggy weather day after day this week.  It's been so cold and dreary!!!

Loving... Carly's new (to us) curtains!  They are so fun (polka dots!) and will look even better if I ever get around to painting her room.

Reading... Inheritance (on audio) and The Night Olivia FellInheritance simultaneously makes me want to and not want to take a DNA test like Ancestry or 23 and Me.  I loved listening to the story, and really enjoyed learning more about Orthodox Jews.  Before this memoir, I knew nothing about them.
The Night Olivia Fell was a fascinating mystery that kept me reading to the last page.  It was a solid 3 stars, and I enjoyed the story, but I like a novel with better writing.  I like a little more flair.
I also finished listening to Us Against You.  That, again, was good, entertaining, but not my favorite. It was a bit dark for my taste.

Getting... the twins flu shots finally.  I got mine and Carly and Wyatt's a month or more ago, but kept forgetting the twins.  They weren't very happy to get home from school and find out that's where we were headed.  Luckily it was quick and relatively painless.  Later Jack had a little swelling at the injection site (which is normal) but that was it.

Ringing... in the holiday season with a giant (Paw Patrol, because #duh) tub of Christmas popcorn.  Carly was SO excited when I said yes to this at the grocery store, and her brothers were equally thrilled when they got home from school to this snack.  It's a Christmas classic.

Hosting... book club for the first time at our house and feeling so grateful for that amazing group of ladies.  They stayed until 11 and I think we could have stayed hours longer, to be honest.  Being with other women, other mothers, just fills my cup in a way that nothing else does.

Posting... a house tour of our downstairs (since it was so clean for book club- hah!) on my Facebook page & Instagram. We are seriously feeling so blessed in our new digs.  If you've wondered what the new house looks like, click over and check it out!

Planning... for Christmas bit by bit.  Our plan is to get the kids 2 gifts each (and they'll get one from Santa), plus books for Christmas Eve, which is our family tradition.  They'll also have stockings, with some yummy treats and one small toy.  My budget for each kid is $50, which is very (very!) challenging, but it has to be done because we are living on cash now and I'm not pulling the credit cards back out for Christmas.  You better bet I'll be hunting for some good deals after Thanksgiving!

Being... overcome by an organizational bug that I think is a preemptive hit against all the toys and things the kids tend to get at Christmas.  Also in preparation for hosting Thanksgiving.  Whatever the reason, I am rolling with it, and sorting & purging all.the.things.

Crafting... with this color by diamond art.  If you haven't tried it, you really should. It is so much fun!!! (Thanks, Shana for introducing me!)

Enjoying... sending the twins off to their friends' house Friday night and letting them stay late (until 10pm) since we don't do sleepovers.  They thought it was super cool, and we were able to have date night once we got Wyatt & Carly to bed.  We watched Game of Thrones (we're into Season 7 now!) and had homemade pizza.  So yum!

***


2 comments:

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I'm so glad you got to try out Book Outlet. I am SUCH a fan. Happy belated birthday, friend! XOXO