2.14.2020

around here: week 5 2020

{January 26 - February 1}





(Josh texted this math problem to me- I cracked up when I saw that he wrote "Rookie" on it.)

{lipstick mirror}
{so fancy!}














Feeling... all the way better and proving it by mopping our floor. I have never been so happy to mop in my LIFE! I am so elated to feel well and to be getting the house back under control.  It was really hard to be stuck in bed for so many days.  I'm so grateful for my health.

Wrapping... up January reading with 14 books total (8 audio books & 6 real books) and ending with 123 on my Unread Shelf. My goal is 100 books this year, so I'm pretty happy with this start! I'd also really like to get my Unread Shelf down near 50.

Reading... and finishing Normal People by Sally Rooney which let me down.  I thought it was going to be a long, drawn out love story, but instead it was an incredibly depressing, very sexual book that was not my cup of tea.  I also listened to I'm Just A Person by Tig Notaro and The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani (both three stars).

Wishing... I was with my dad when he went to visit my grandparents this weekend where they live at the beach.  I miss them so much, and when he sent me the picture of them above, my heart swelled.  He also sent two pictures of my Grandma Pansy's grandpa.  His name was Karl and I guess he left my Great Great Grandma Christina with four teenagers.  Can you imagine?!

Taking... a picture of Jack's eyes when I noticed that they have bits of brown & yellow in them.  Then that inspired me to take a picture of Logan's eye as well (to compare since they are twins) and then my own and Wyatt's.  It was fun to compare them all.  They're pretty similar, all having started blue, but since turned green.  What are the eye colors in your family?  Josh also has green eyes, but so far, Carly's are blue.

Driving... Carly out to her Grandma Carol's and enjoying the beauty of the sunshine through the fog.  The drive out to their land is so beautiful.  No matter the weather.  I love driving by the fields, whether empty or full, whether covered in snow or ice.  It's just lovely.  Like taking a deep breath after driving around the city, so full of houses and buildings. I love it.

Laughing... at Carly when she tries to make a "kissy" face.  For some reason she can't quite do it without a LOT of effort, so it's hilarious to watch.  She's also really cute, always asking to wear lip gloss when she sees me put my lipstick on.
All of us cracked up at breakfast the other day when she asked if she was big as Wyatt and then made him get down from the table to compare heights.  It was adorable.  She said she is as big as "he" so soon she will be able to go to school, too.

Walking... the dog with Josh after work each day, loving the time to talk and be outside.  We take Carly, pushing her in the stroller, and Grady, walking him on his leash with his harness.  Carly plays with her toys in the stroller and Grady happily walks along, sniffing everything.  He still pulls a bit more than we would like, but he's really good about ignoring cats or dogs he sees, which is the best.

Celebrating... Wyatt as he received an award (one of only three in his class) for academic excellence.  He works so hard and we are just so proud of him! After he got his award, we took him for a treat from Dairy Queen.  We're so blessed to be his parents.

Running... errands with Carly on Friday- getting in a trip to the library, returning Jack's band instrument (turns out band is not for him) and running to the store.  Carly enjoyed all the errands, but especially playing the drums at the music store!

Enjoying... Saturday with Jack & Carly.  Josh took Wyatt with him to Costco and Logan got to spend the day with Grandma Carol.  Jack's friends Easton & Channing came over for a few hours and it was just a really nice, mellow day.



***

2 comments:

Ashley said...

14 books - amazing!!!
So happy to hear you're feeling better and more like yourself. XO

Kate said...

I abandoned Normal People a few chapters in. Didn't like the characters and it just made me feel ugh!