6.07.2023

Around Here: Week 15 2023

 {April 9-15th}




























Carly saved our Thanksgiving wishbone to break with her cousin. So cute!


Dad shared this photo of my brother tattooing him. So cool!

My nephew Isaiah and brother Dallas





Celebrating... Easter at my mom's house with my sister's family.  The kids and I took off mid morning, leaving Josh on his own to enjoy some quiet time, and headed to Wenatchee.  We were barely on the freeway when we heard this terrible sound coming from the front passenger side wheel. Thankfully it was just the car skirt, easily removed (by Josh when we went back home) and then we got back on the road again.
Then we had pulled pork and cousin time and it was so fun! My sister has a friends' baby she is watching named Perla and she is absolutely scrumptious. 

Sending... all four kids to school Monday and deciding I can't take our messy garage for one more minute. So I spent a lot of time doing that. 

Taking... care of Carly and then Wyatt and then Logan and then Jack, who all got violently sick within four hours of each other. It was the most intense divide and conquer Josh and I have ever managed.  In the end, he was downstairs with Carly and I was upstairs going between the twins' room and Wyatt's room.  Those poor kids.  They were so sick!! Pained and pale and so so sick. 

Grateful... that Josh stayed on top of the laundry while he was downstairs with Carly.  They got sick on so many blankets. Went through so many clothes. It was mind blowing. 

Seeing... my counselor and feeling grateful that I have her to validate my crazy life and help me straighten out my thoughts and feelings when it all seems nuts. I was struggling over what to do about my last two assignments in my classes that I wasn't able to get to because of our sickness. My counselor encouraged me that if my grades were good enough, it was okay to just not do it. I struggled with that because it goes against my natural tendency to do EVERYTHING I am asked to do.  So then we talked about how maybe giving my full ass is too much sometimes. Maybe I could work on half assing some things. "Half ass is better than no ass" is my new motto. 

Forgetting... it was our 23 year dating anniversary (on April 11th) in the midst of all the sickness.  Unfortunately I got sick as well after the kids, and it was truly awful. I ran to the bathroom shouting, "No! No! No! No!" haha! I was so upset I was going to be sick. Thankfully Josh didn't get sick at the same time (praise the lord) and Jack was well enough to go to his away game for baseball on Wednesday. While I was sick, Carly and I slept in my bed together, taking care of each other and mostly doing a lot of napping. We also watched Love Island Las Vegas, which is so entertaining!

Beginning... a new class, Political Science 500: Arizona Constitution.  It is really hard because law is not my strong suit, but hopefully it will be interesting learning about education and the law. 

Sending... Josh back to work for a late half day Thursday (because of parent/teacher conferences) after him being home to take care of us all week. What a week it was!!!

Feeling... 100% by Friday, with all the kids at school except Wyatt who still wasn't feeling great. 

Doing... all the laundry again, wanting to be sure we got rid of all the germs.  So I worked my way through every blanket, pillow and bubba in our house.

Ending... the week with practice for Jack and Wyatt and a game for Logan. It just never ends!!

Having... a weekend with no sleepovers and it was kind of lovely. Just very quiet and slow paced. 

Tackling... homework Saturday while Josh was at Jack's game in Warden.  I am seriously so grateful for his support in doing laundry, making dinners, and going to games, knowing that I have homework I need to attend to. I couldn't do this without him. 

Saddened... that our vacuum died. Wahh! I am excited to get a new one, but sad to spend money on that. I did find a great deal, though, for only $120 and it's one that Sarah from @gocleanco had listed as a top vacuum! 

Purchasing... water park passes in our city for the summer. I think it will help Josh pass the time with the remaining three kids while Jack and I are in Rome, and we have missed it. We went religiously 2016-2019, but then COVID hit and we haven't been back. I think it'll be really fun.

***




Sweet memory of Papa Jerry reading a book to Carly May

Hard to believe they are 11, 11, 14, 13, and 14 now. 
This camping trip feels like a minute ago.



No comments: