2.19.2024

Around Here: Week 3 2024

 {January 14-20th}











My new screen saver for my phone

















Reading... A Quiet Life which I am loving and reading A Ballad for Songbirds & Snakes to the boys at bedtime. 

Watching... Good Grief, Society of Snow, and Nyad over the long weekend we had thanks to a snow day on Friday. All three were good in their own varied ways. 

Happy... that my class ended and now I only have one class left before I graduate in May!

Starting... my student teaching on Tuesday in a kindergarten classroom with Carly's kindergarten teacher.  She is amazing and has been teaching for twenty years. I told her that I wish I could just download her knowledge into my brain! She's so good at what she does!

Taking... Logan to his first drive for Traffic Safety and feeling so proud of him. He did so well! 

Adjusting... my morning routine bit by bit as I see each day getting the five of us out the door.  The first morning felt like a bit of a time crunch, so I have since started making my lunches the night before to give myself more time in the mornings.  I also try to start a load of laundry in the morning and change it in the afternoon when I get home. That helps me stay on top of it. 

Attending... Bingo Night at Groff where Carly and Wyatt had fun and Carly even won one round! Her prize was two books which delighted her!  The one about the brain is fascinating and she really loved it. 

Grateful... for Josh's amazing love & support.  He brought me the most beautiful roses on my first day and has been great at picking up the slack and making sure that I don't feel alone or overwhelmed.  

Suffering... the cold weather and lots of snow.  Brrr!  I was so proud of Jack getting out in the cold and shoveling our neighbor's driveway by hand.  He's such a dang good kid. 

Blessed... with the best husband. It turns out the battery in my van died and we realized it around 8pm one night so Josh drove to Walmart and changed it out for me so I could get to work without a headache. 

Enjoying... lots of American Girl playing from Carly this week and it just makes me so happy. She's playing school and putting them to bed and even taking them places with us in the car. 

Proud... of Carly for having such awesome behavior while I'm at work. She comes with me in the mornings and is with us in the afternoons as well and she's doing a great job staying busy and not bugging me while I'm working. 

Swapping... twins with the boys' best friends (Logan went there and Channing came here) and feeling so glad that they all have each other. So fun. We also swung by and grabbed some Crumbl cookies. Yum!

Receiving... Carly's Barbie shirt for her birthday party. It's sooo cute!!! 

Hosting... Carly's friend Joslyn for an afternoon.  They had so much fun and even played out in the snow making a tiny snowman. hah!

Finding... that I am so happy everyday to wake up and head off to work. I love being at school.  I love the teachers, the staff, the students.  I just feel such purpose there and am so grateful that I was able to pursue teaching. 



***




I want this cake! How cute!!!



No comments: