1.29.2009

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY...

...of when we found out we were expecting TWINS!!!


Here's a look back (via my journal) at January 29, 2008:

"Wow. So yesterday Josh and I went to my first ultrasound appointment. I am 19 weeks along, and we were looking forward to seeing the baby for the first time.
I laid down on the table, and the technician asked me if I had had an ultrasound yet. I told her that the midwife had done an internal one at my first appointment, and that we saw the heartbeat on the screen. (Like a flashing white dot)
Then at our next appointment, we got to hear the heartbeat.
As she rolled the mouse across my belly she said, "So you have had two appointments, and they didn't... and they didn't... tell you it was twins?"
I said, "Are you serious?"
Then I couldn't stop shaking and laughing and saying, "I can't believe it!"
She left the room so we could have a moment. We just held hands and talked about it. We said we will be fine, and this is wonderful. And I tried to take some deep breaths. It was so dang hot in there!!!
She came back and did the ultrasound. We told her that our agreement was that if it was twins, we were finding out. (Trying to go neutral with two babies to prepare for was a bit overwhelming to think about!)
She began to look at Baby A, who is in my lower abdomen. She checked it all out. We saw the face, the little feet, and then... that it was a boy! Oh my goodness. That's when the tears just started to trickle down my cheek.
I couldn't believe we were having a son. I am going to have Josh's son!
Then she looked at Baby B. We saw the face, and little hands. It was rolling all around in my ribs. Ouch! Then she found it's boy parts...
Another boy! My oh my! I am having two little boys. No way!
I remember lying there feeling like it was taking FOREVER for her to get to the gender part.
Then I was just crying. I can't believe how happy I was to just lie there and imagine our life with them. It's incredible. I love them so much!
After the appointment we got Slurpees (to help cool down) and then drove to all our relatives to tell them the news in person. It was exhausting! I was so emotional.
We could not have had a better surprise in all our life.
We are feeling doubly blessed, that's for sure!"

I wrote that the day after we found out. Thinking back to that day, I remember feeling like I was in a movie. Stuff like that just doesn't happen in real life! I am so thankful for my two little blessings & so happy to have them here!

No comments: